Images
    Country
    Malaysia

pix of my tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    This is how my tank looks like into the second week.

Just added 12 neon tetras and a few days back, 2 kuhlii loaches. 4 of my shrimps have since died. Funny thing was, one day saw one of my yamatos walking along my living room floor. Thought it was a grasshopper until i took a better look. Scooped it up and dumped it back into the tank! Admittedly the tank's scaping isn't much to shout about. Just aiming to grow the plants well. Incidently, the Java moss and fern is pearling already.

Feedbacks and comments please.

Last edited by benny; 12th Jan 2006 at 01:21.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Nice one black17! Nice peice of wood, perhaps more of the stemmed plants at where they are now.

White sand is nice, but when you're using that same sand for the whole tank... not sure if it's good for rooted plants. But should be okay, since most of your plants are not rooted.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks squee. I started this tank with minimal knowledge on substrate and types of plants. You can say I sorta plunged in and hoped for the best. This is going to be my test tank to see how successful I can go with limited budget. Now that I've gotten more info, I may have to plan for upgrades like CO2 injection, lighting and filter. Do you think it's a good idea to start a thread in the beginner's forum logging my experiences as a newbie and the mistakes that I have and probably will go through along the way? Perhaps it will help prevent other beginners from "plunging in" like I did and probably help them identify what equipment is crucial when starting out. Of course, someone with more experience needs to vet through the info to make sure they are correct and not misleading.

Just a thought - regards

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Nice wood placements, i think you're off to a good start, keep us updated

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Black17, I think it is a good idea to start a thread on your experiences... Go for it...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Guys, thanks for the encouraging feedback. I'll start to plan the contents of my new thread, while waiting for more opinions
    Psst...beware of the armless swordsman!
    Steven

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    By the way, can anyone tell me the name of the background plant on the left hand corner of my picture? Just bought it from LFS to help cycle the tank faster.
    But I forgot to ask about the plant details.

Thanks
    Steven

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I would shift the rock on the front right a little more to the left. Otherwise it's a very nice start. The plant on the left back you have looks like a Cabomba sp. which is certainly good for absorbing nutrients. But I find they tend to grow leggy and thin after a while. Maybe you can try planting some Hygrophila stricta or Hygrophila polysperma as easy to grow stem plants to cover the left and centre back..... or you could try Rotala indica for a redder choice?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks Budak for the suggestions. Must definitely look into it. But first, must find out how the plant looks like. Thanks again.
    Steven

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    yup..i agree on the placement too.
    Nice !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fei Miao
    Nice wood placements, i think you're off to a good start, keep us updated

Feedback Score
    Images