Thread: The International Aquatic Plants Layout Contest 2006

The International Aquatic Plants Layout Contest 2006

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Dear Fellow Hobbyists,

The ADA Contest is here again!

This year, I would like to encourage our fellow hobbyists to participate by helping members here to do submission free-of-charge. Yes, free-of-charge.

You can visit: http://www.bioscape.com.sg for more information.

Come on, show us your best and do Singapore proud!

Ryon
    www.bioscape.com.sg

Bioscape Pte. Ltd. is a Singapore-incorporated company (Registration No.: 200511545H). We specialize in planted or marine tank setups, aquarium supplies and equipment.

Our Mission is to ensure customers satisfaction through efficient and friendly customer service. We do our best to maintain competitive and affordable prices.

Ryon

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ryon,

You might like to know that AQ is also planning to help our members to submit their contest. And also Free of Charge too! But we haven't announce it yet. Maybe we can work out something together. How can I contact you? Can't seem to find a number.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Hi Benny,

Great! I can be contacted through email at http://[email protected] or at my mobile at 97456501.

Cheers!
    www.bioscape.com.sg

Bioscape Pte. Ltd. is a Singapore-incorporated company (Registration No.: 200511545H). We specialize in planted or marine tank setups, aquarium supplies and equipment.

Our Mission is to ensure customers satisfaction through efficient and friendly customer service. We do our best to maintain competitive and affordable prices.

Ryon

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Great! I'll call you next week when I'm back in town.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Hi guys, how is the preparation going on? Well done for those who already submitted their application to me. For those who are still in preparation mode, don't worry, we still have some time. Just to highlight something about the entry requirements. You can find more details on www.bioscape.com.sg if you have not yet seen it.

Below are some contest requirements taken from the Bioscape website:

Entry requirements for the contest (for digital images):
    - ADA only accept one layout application from each applicant.
    - Please take only a picture of whole aquarium from the front side.
    - Do not make image processing such as trimming or retouch.
    - Image is to be taken with 3.0 megapixels (or better) in high resolution mode. Format in TIFF or JPG.
    - The use of house plants or marginal plants, which hardly survives in the water become the subject of point-deduction.

Although it states that the image must be taken with 3.0 megapixels (or better), I would like to remind hobbyists to use high resolution mode with TIFF or JPG format. This is very important as the quality of the image would help the judges to give a good scoring of your layout and furthermore, ADA will not be able to publish your layout in ADA magazines in future.

Don't worry about the file size, if there is any problem sending the images through email, I'll be able to help. Just send me an email or contact me at 97456501.

For those who are still in the mist of preparation, please get the application coming in. All are welcome!

Cheers!

Ryon
    Bioscape
    www.bioscape.com.sg

Ryon

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Making this a sticky
    ...I love rubies too ...
    Ken

Ken, thanks for making this post a sticky. It is great that AQ is also encouraging hobbyists to join in the contest. Bioscape has no problem with that arrangement. Bros here are welcome to submit through either AQ or Bioscape. There is no competition at all. The competition only starts when your application reaches ADA.

Below, are some judging criteria for your information and planning:

1. Artistic impression (maximum 100 points)

2. Originality (maximum 20 points)
    - Does the aquascape make an original creative impression to the viewers?
    - Is original idea of the creator expressed within the aquascape?

3. Composition / Planting of the plants (maximum 20 points)
    - Is the aquascape composed well? (Is there compositional balance in the aquascape? Does the layout give a sense of illusionary depth within the layout space to the viewers?)
    - Are the aquatic plants, appropriately positioned within the aquascape? Does the balance exist in the colors and the shapes of the plants used within the aquascape?

4. Harmony of the fish and the layout (maximum 20 points)
    - Do you feel harmony in fish and the aquarium layout?
    - The color, size, swimming method, and ecology of the fish match the layout?

5. Creation of natura atmosphere (maximum 20 points)
    - Is the aquascape laid out well making a natural looking atmosphere?

6. Aquatic Plants Condition and Time Progress (maximum 20 points)
    - How long was the layout maintained? (Please judge the time progress by seeing the type of aquatic plants used, and their condition.)
    - Are the plants within the aquascape healthy? Isn't there any algae?

Guys, keep your application coming in!

Ryon
    www.bioscape.com.sg

Ryon

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Czech_Republic
    I don't know where to ask. If this thread is not suitable for my post, remove me.
    --------
    I've some questions about participating in ADA layout contest:

-What tank dimensions are prefered in ADA contest?
    -If I'm not sure about my tank/scape/photo quality, does it worth to apply anyway? You know, the feeling that I'm not a good photographer, but I'd like to contribute at least, not win (of course)
    -Does it matter if you don't have hi-tech aqua stuff to maintain the tank and your setup is not so perfect? You know: worse substrate, generally cheaper appearance against your scape idea.
    -What do you think about applicants that have algae in their tanks.. for example there is some (a bit) fuzz algae?

Questions above relates to me partially.

Thanks for answers.
    Regards V31, Czech Republic/Europe

Quote Originally Posted by V31
    I don't know where to ask. If this thread is not suitable for my post, remove me.
    --------
    I've some questions about participating in ADA layout contest:

-What tank dimensions are prefered in ADA contest?
    -If I'm not sure about my tank/scape/photo quality, does it worth to apply anyway? You know, the feeling that I'm not a good photographer, but I'd like to contribute at least, not win (of course)
    -Does it matter if you don't have hi-tech aqua stuff to maintain the tank and your setup is not so perfect? You know: worse substrate, generally cheaper appearance against your scape idea.
    -What do you think about applicants that have algae in their tanks.. for example there is some (a bit) fuzz algae?

Questions above relates to me partially.

Thanks for answers.
    Regards V31, Czech Republic/Europe
    Sure you can. Read the judging criteria that I posted earlier in this thread. It is not so much on the equipment or substrate used but on the layout itself. However, alage which affect the layout do play a part, especially when it is too obvious to be seen. If possible, try to remove as much algae as possible and change the water before taking the photos. Look luck!
    www.bioscape.com.sg

Ryon

Hey guys,

We have about 10 more days to go before the ADA contest is closed. For those who are interested, chop chop email your application and picture to us. We will do a mass submission free of charge. Chop chop loh...
    www.bioscape.com.sg

Ryon