Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: food for moray eel

Feedback Score

food for moray eel

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    does anyone know the diet of a fresh water moray eel?

rgds
    LH is the power to the dark side.LH leads to fear.Fear leads to anger.Anger leads to hate.Hate leads to suffering.....

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    There is no "freshwater" moray eel. Most are born in freshwater, grow up there, but as they become adult move to brackish.
    What type of Moray do you have? Morays have very bad eye sight...you should feed them meaty foods. They will also enjoy live foods, but they have a hard time catching them. The best way to feed morays, is put the beef, meat or other food (not live!) on hte end of a kebab skewer, then put it right in front of the morays face...
    Mez
    Currently keeping many wild betta species and other anabantoids.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    HuaiKong, why not try feeding feeder fishes? Saw at Tiong Bahru more than a month back with LeAnn. The eel tried 2 swallow a brownish sucker fish when we saw it.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

ya saw that bugger .. guess they eat anything that's fits their mouth

and that sucker was still alive when bfg pointed it out to me .. poor fellow..

----------------
    On 5/26/2002 9:25:57 PM

HuaiKong, why not try feeding feeder fishes? Saw at Tiong Bahru more than a month back with LeAnn. The eel tried 2 swallow a brownish sucker fish when we saw it.
    ----------------

Feedback Score
    i try everything but it hides in my rocks all days.afraid that it will starve to death.....[] []
    LH is the power to the dark side.LH leads to fear.Fear leads to anger.Anger leads to hate.Hate leads to suffering.....

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    if it is exhibiting similar behaviour as that of saltwater moray eel, then u should let it settle down, switch off the lights as let it explore the tank.. and offer little bits of food in front of it cave... as eels can sense metal objects, it will take some time for it to realised that the metal = food!!!....[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    HuaiKong don't forget 2 keep a lid on the tank. Eels like 2 explore their area.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.