Images
    Country
    Singapore

Cichlid lovers, Real action ?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    can we get down to forming a cichlid lover's group?

It will consist of cichlid lovers of all "dimensions" .
    You may be african, apisto, south american etc lover. But we are all under one group.

our common interest is in aprreciation of original fish forms. And also to educate with founded and accurate information.

i do not know how to make a webpage, but i was thinking anyway not to break off from aquaticquotient.

Is it possible for us to stay as a indentifiable group here? everthing taking place with the "cichlids" section and beyond too (eg fish exchanges, appeals to AVA etc) ?

can all give me your thoughts and suggestions too ?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    Thats a good idea...
    Mez
    Currently keeping many wild betta species and other anabantoids.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    can.. we distribute the load.. i think its possible.. talk in the mod section can

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    can no problem

Feedback Score
    i wan to join.me an obsess cichlid lover.

rgds
    LH is the power to the dark side.LH leads to fear.Fear leads to anger.Anger leads to hate.Hate leads to suffering.....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    we try our best to work it out
    need suggestions and opinions

Feedback Score
    things to do:design a logo and name for the society.call up an monthly meeting like the americia cichlids society.established a good structure ie chairman,coordinator etc.orgnaise outings etc etc.but first i suggest lsz to gather more members loh.a society without ample members will fail.count me in to be the first members and i can bing in some kakies also.looking forward liao...

rgds
    LH is the power to the dark side.LH leads to fear.Fear leads to anger.Anger leads to hate.Hate leads to suffering.....

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    things to do:design a logo and name for the society.call up an monthly meeting like the americia cichlids society.established a good structure ie chairman,coordinator etc.orgnaise outings etc etc.but first i suggest lsz to gather more members loh.a society without ample members will fail.count me in to be the first members and i can bing in some kakies also.looking forward liao...
    ----------------
    Huaikong, u mega on siah.. hehehe..

btw, perhaps u can consider this to your signature..
    LH is the power to the dark side.LH leads to fear.Fear leads to anger.Anger leads to hate.Hate leads to suffering.....suffering leads to LH sashimi!!! hahaha
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    guys

we need opinion from all, not just mods.

cichlids is a huge family, it is a pity we dont really get together .

please do reply if you are keen and we can work things out together . anyone with interest in cichlids, be it angels, africans, central americans whatever, should really take a look.

i am sure there are many "homeless" cichlid enthusiasts out there...lets get together and we may even achieve something we had thought impossible all along.

It is up to us, so i will be very glad if we can all show support

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I feel that it's a very good idea but still the final say to the mods and admin who decide to give the green light.

FIrst of all it will of cos educate people who first started cichlid be it central south or what so ever.

LSZ you got our Apisto force behind you ready to charge.[] []
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    hey stormy i m not that on lah.jus happen to xiao on cichlids.as for the lh i learn to take thing easier.treat it as a dark age of fish keeping.hope it will pass soon like the likes of discus and parrot...

rgds

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Or maybe i will create a website for this but we really need something like the heirachy level. We need something like this:

Chairman
    Vice-Chairman
    Advisor
    Secretary
    Treasurer
    Commitee Members

I will give you all the excess to this website. When we have fill up all the post up there, i think we can start a meeting.
    Lyon © I would rather walk a thousand leagues then to see your ugly face

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi,

If you need help on the web pages, just let me know. I will try to help since I am quite verse in the web scripting area.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I am all for it too.
    Don't see the need for funding though , nor for all the Chairperson etc things, at least not yet.
    Just a group of regular friends who share a common interest in cichlid-specific rearing and breeding is good enough for me.

Have the occasional get togethers, fish hunting trips , share info, lobangs etc, share fish, swop fish. Propogate the hobby to others too.
    That would be really nice
    [:]

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    yes like art said,
    we do not need such hierarchy or funding etc now.

we need a common identity, and a group with common interest.

there are many cichlid enthusiasts here. but we are scattered and there isnt a place we can really talk and share info, experience etc.

a group identity is much more important than a structured organisation here. WIthout it, all will not be possible.

you dont have to be an expert or hardcore cichlid keeper. as long as there is an interest, as long as you want local hobby to grow, do show support. It benefits the entire hobby not just cichlids eventually

Feedback Score
    the main problem is still how to locate these 'homeless' cichlid lovers out there.

im not sure if any local lfs is willing to help out ....
    .... we can approach one or 2 well-visited lfs that some of our members/mods frequent, to put up a poster of some sort informing other aquarists to visit AQ (of cos can be even better if we can actually setup a purely cichlid site first).

we can even expand the idea above to organizing farm trips etc (i.e. being stated in the poster)

another wild idea can be to send ecards specially designed by AQ to all of our friends!!

can we even make car decals !! [] []

ok ok ..... i was a little sleepy while typing the last one there []
    To each her own fish !
    petfrd

Feedback Score
    I would prefer the group to be an informal one in the beginning. We can organise outing and share our experience with each other. Hopefully we can buy cichlids not available in lfs in bulk. I have lobang for bringing in fish but needs quantity to justify the freight rates and handling fees.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    this sounds interesting,count me in.cheers

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i think its a good thing when everyone is willing to play a part in building a group jus like this.. it will oso inturn educate the public.. and since cichlid is a big family, I suggest we break them down into diff subfamilies and them allocate them to diff groups of ppl to source of info..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    yeah we need more strength in numbers that will regularly participate in discussions, fish searches , fish exchanges or whatever.

But first can show your support by responding ! thanks !

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast