Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Where to get the nice mosses and flora?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Where to get the nice mosses and flora?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi Wild Ginger,

May I know where do you normally go to get all the nice flora and mosses which you used for your vivarium?

GreenHorn

no replies? i am looking for plants too=X

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I think Wild Ginger is out of the country at the moment. Have you looked at some of the local nurseries? A lot of they carry these plants at a fraction of what they cost in an aquarium.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by benny
    I think Wild Ginger is out of the country at the moment. Have you looked at some of the local nurseries? A lot of they carry these plants at a fraction of what they cost in an aquarium.

Cheers,
    Thanks Benny for coming in on this one. Ya can try local nurseries such as Far East Flora, World Farm, Woon Leng Orchid Laboratories to state a few. They carry a wide variety of flora and mosses such as the common tropical land moss and on some few occasions the "live" spaghnum moss ( which if grown in our tropical climate is not advisable ".

If ya'd like to get your hands on exotic mosses, ya might want to try the nurseries at cameron Highlands. Over there, they have a much more extensive range due to the high elevated cool temperatures.

But if travelling abroad is a chore, ya could alternatively head down to Woon Leng and order mosses from them. It'll take a while to get them in but it's definitely worth the wait.

Only hurdle ya have to face afterwards is that ya've to provide cooler temperatures for them to survive and propagate much faster.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Phillipe.

Thx Phillipe..