Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Apisto are hard to find. - let's breed them.

Apisto are hard to find. - let's breed them.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    To all Apisto keepers out there. We are aware that there is a limited distribution of this fish in S'pore and the prices from lfs are too high. Although TOH has been selling them with reasonable prices, they still do not have enough types available for Apisto lovers who would like to keep as many types as possible. For myself, I would love to have them all....just like stamps collection. I have an idea, let's set up a 'distributed' lfs among Aprito home-breeder like the discus breeders except that we would be more high tech. Why don't we breed and sell them via this forum? In this way, many diff. types of Apisto would be readily available in S'pore with reasonable price tag. Of couse, the source of parent fishes still have to be imported. I'm sure we could find a lfs to do the ordering for us, if not, we could import it via internet (if possible).

What do you guys think? We could all be one big 'distributed' Apristo supplier once we have enough types to meet local needs. I'm sure we need to promote the fish to the public. Look at LH, they are too expensive and without new 'products' coming out, the fever will be gone sooner than you think. LH is simply too big for normal HDB. For myself, I could use one of my spare room for Aprito breeding.

If we have enough members, we could work out the details. We could also approach TOH too to work out this plan. They could be one of our important members too.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    kekekeee.. thats one of the reason y we setup ApistoMania then to up to individual home breeders to try and breed those apisto they have in hand and becoz the fry r painstakingly raise for ard 4-5mths before selling.. the survive rate is often low and plus having them breed is another question.. some species have diff breeding conditions.. so we need to look into this criteria.. perharps one good way is to document the breeding down per species and then write a simple article on them.. that way those who wanna try them have a guide of some sort

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    dennisk are u the guy who ask this forum add at toh?
    Cheers!

Benetay

Hi benetay,

I was the guy who asked for Toh's address in this forum. I'm not the one who asked Toh for this address. Sounds confusing

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ah ok cos someone approach me at TOH regarding this forum.
    Cheers!

Benetay