I have an 8" Oscar keeping a goldfish as a pet. It did not eat that goldfish and allow it to grow to quite a big fish...


I have an 8" Oscar keeping a goldfish as a pet. It did not eat that goldfish and allow it to grow to quite a big fish...
Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/
I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted!), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted!
), C.tonkinensis(Melted!
), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii
Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Jeez... your pet kept a pet?Originally Posted by Justikanz
Cheers,
I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Oops, should be, I HAD...'
Yupz, it kept a pet for itself... I still a pic of the Oscar with its pet... But no softcopy to show... Unless I find a scanner...
Cichlids have such interesting behaviours!...
Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/
I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted!), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted!
), C.tonkinensis(Melted!
), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii
Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...





heres one for you , a young female adoketa had full breeding pattern and took over a corner of the tank exept for a male ancistrus that the female kept there, the ancistrus has a spotted pattern and the female thought they were eggs and would not let that ancistrus move out of the corner until i took her out, she's in another tank with a male now.
mick
Originally Posted by mickthefish
.. post-natal blues i guess?

Mick,Originally Posted by mickthefish
I think this is a case of severe bad eye sight rather than unique cichlid behaviour!![]()
But it's really funny! Can't imagine the small little fella chasing it's 'moving eggs' back to it's corner.
Cheers,
I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?





you should start getting worried, it's going to be your fish soon, haha,
so far theres one definite pair formed and a lot of males challenging for dominance.
mick
Benny,
Thats a nice pic... wonderful eyes.. i love it..
If only women had eyes like that..
i would say something if only my thread would stop getting deleted as it IS ABOUT the TOPIC!!![]()
Last edited by Wackytpt; 17th Feb 2006 at 22:18.

Thread that are not related or too RA will be deletedOriginally Posted by ranmasatome
![]()
You are under close watch Ramma Tin..
Just kidding.. don't whack me tomorrow in mike's van
Last edited by Wackytpt; 17th Feb 2006 at 23:34.
Nicholas
Newbie en el cichlid enano

No wonder! I keep trying to reply to the thread I thought I saw.Originally Posted by ranmasatome
Yes. This particular one has rather soulful looking eyes. And no, I will freak out if my wife's eyes were like these and without eyelids. I like my wife's eyes just the way they are now thank you.
Cheers,
I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?
err..how is talking about eyes RA ah??
Anyway...just so i dont go OT and kena labeled chitchat again..
what species is this, benny? i very newbie when comes to apisto..lol
Last edited by Wackytpt; 18th Feb 2006 at 00:47.

Hmm... anyone can guess the species from the frontal shot? Not easy at all.
By the way, here's another cichlid tale.
I had an Apistogramma cacatuoides "Super Red" from Benetay. This weird fella is a beauty in my opinion, fairly matured and all the dorsal, anal and caudal fins were red. Big mouth. It was fairly comfortable in the tank and was more or less the king of the tank with only the SAE being bigger than him. Whilst he would parade all over the tank and flare at the others in the tank, he would not let me take a picture of him. The minute the camera comes out, he's gone!! And he stayed gone till you keep the camera. Have tried to ambush him to no avail, and to date, I have only 1 picture of him with no second chance for another shot. I can't remember, but I think I might have shown this crazy fella to some of the folks here on the forum when they were over at my place.
Incidentally, I also had an Apistogramma trifasciatus that seems to be posing for every shot that I took. It practically flared all the time. However, I don't think this was due to a unique cichlid behaviour, but rather very bad eyesight and hence the agression towards everything in sight.
Cheers,
I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?
That was the past....when i had quite a few to spare around...
Last edited by benetay; 18th Feb 2006 at 10:29.
Cheers!
Benetay

So.. anyone else have any interesting cichlid tales to share recently?
Cheers,
I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Here's my peek-a-boo pic.
I once observed my sneaker male bitaeniata trying to court the neighbouring male bitaeniata. Displaying the courting excitement, even trying to invite the male into the ceramic pot.
Eugene (^_^)
De Dwergcichlide Fanatiek
Now swimming: Plecos and Apistogrammas
Bookmarks