Country
    Malaysia

Snail - Please help to identify

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

Discover this snail in my tank last monday. Suspect the egg attached to the moss i bought from LFS. Is it harmful to plant? Please help to identify. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    nope..not that i know.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Pouch snails... Harmless but they breed like rabbits. I hate them when they swim upside down on the water surface... *Yucks*...

Hmm... Shouldn't this thread be in Invertabrate section?...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuah CS
    Hi all,

Discover this snail in my tank last monday. Suspect the egg attached to the moss i bought from LFS. Is it harmful to plant? Please help to identify. Thank you.
    I had/havethese in my tank, they multipy to a point of equlibrum and seem to be quite benificial. They did not seem to be eating the plants eg java moss, hair grass, except possibly B Japonica.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i think i have this type of snail too...do they eat the dead leaves and ditrus?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I really dislike them. Clueless how a couple manage to get into my tank and they are now all over the place! I do not mind ramshorn snails as they are tiny. But these buggers can get so huge that they make my tank unsightly! Advise you to get rid of it. Same goes for those Malayan snails as well. You would not want to have them in your tanks.

Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by kadios
    I really dislike them. Clueless how a couple manage to get into my tank and they are now all over the place! I do not mind ramshorn snails as they are tiny. But these buggers can get so huge that they make my tank unsightly! Advise you to get rid of it. Same goes for those Malayan snails as well. You would not want to have them in your tanks.

Cheers!
    Don't sweat it. Just get a puffer fish, or some other snail eaters.

The snails will breed. The puffer will feed.

Everybody will be happy.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Heh heh... Their eggs were attached to plants...

Anyway, you think they are huge? Ramshorns are bigger, if they have the chance. :bigsmile:
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...