Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: BBA

Feedback Score

BBA

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all, i am sure most of you have encountered BBA at one time or other. For those who have, care to share your exp. on how you went about eliminating that darn bast***??? They are like flies...persistent and irritable!!

Thankz

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i totally change my plants from slow growers to a all stemmed plant tank.. of coz siphoning and removal of affected plants is a muz

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I have always had BBA infection, got so bad that I tore down the tank completely and set up again. Still the BBA came back. But today I have no BBA at all, just some green spot algae. Even my filter in take is clean as a whistle. Personally I regard it as miraculous, however I want to let you know that IT IS POSSIBLE!

I'm not even sure what I have done but one or more of the followings is the key:
    • control nutrient, don't overfeed
    • for 23 gals I added 4 SAE; 20 yamatoes; 15 dwarf pencilfish; 10 oto

I think either the SAE or the pencilfish did the job. whew!

oh, and use lots of frogbits, ceratophyllum, etc fast growers to soak up the nutrient.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    nutritional control is the key, my 2ft cube tank didn't had BBA until 3days ago,the tank was up since last year nov.

Why the sudden appearance of BBA to my tank. my tank didn't had Co2 for about 1 week cos cylinder went flat, manage to get it pump and injected Co2 1week later. i used 2b/s after 2wks of injecting 2b/s i saw small tiny BBA on the front glass i was kinna irritated so i shut my Co2 system down.

till today the BBA still sticks to my glass but at lease no growth of it.

PS: I introduce a BBA mesh into the tank thinking that it will not happen.Till now i still very believe that nutritional control is very efficent to prevent BBA from huanting u.[]
    Cheers!

Benetay

i declared a war on it and lost.

I bought a lot of yamatos, SAEs and some snails I think. All failed. *sigh*

Then i by accident planted in h.polysperma and it took care of the problem for me. Nutrient control.

My planted tak now has BBA here and there, but it is under control, even the glosso is untouched. *heehee*
    Visit Spilopterus' Tank
    Fish of Fury

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 6/5/2002 8:20:31 AM

i declared a war on it and lost.

I bought a lot of yamatos, SAEs and some snails I think. All failed. *sigh*

Then i by accident planted in h.polysperma and it took care of the problem for me. Nutrient control.

My planted tak now has BBA here and there, but it is under control, even the glosso is untouched. *heehee*
    ----------------
    maybe you can try some dwarf pencilfish to see if it delivers the coup de grace.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Does doing more water changes prevent BBA?
    I Love Penang

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    pencilfish is good for other algae but not BBA.. SAE is a confirm eater provided it dun get used to commerical food..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 6/5/2002 12:55:20 AM

Hi all, i am sure most of you have encountered BBA at one time or other. For those who have, care to share your exp. on how you went about eliminating that darn bast***??? They are like flies...persistent and irritable!!

Thankz
    ----------------
    I only encountered it in my 1st planted tank setup. I let the SAE eat them. I also grow fast growing plants like Hornwort & Hygrophila polysperma and floating plants to absorb excess nutrients faster. The BBA don't seem to grow on these plants.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    seems to have BBA on my hair grass.. sigh.. trim away those affect ones.. but still visible leh..
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    pardon me.

wat's BBA ?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    black beard or black brush algae.
    Cheers!

Benetay