Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Formula 1

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Any formula 1 fans here? Watched the qualifying this morning. Who do you think will win this season?
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I use to following it quite closely in the past. However, it was basically a two team race then, between McLaren and Ferarri. After a while, I gave it. Even the live telecast focus on the rest of the teams as the race leaders were just too far in front, cruising by themselves.

Anyway, heard that the situation recently improved a lot and it's starting to be fun again. Renault seems to be doing well and may be able to retain the championship.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Saw that Ferrari qualified 1-2. I haven't got around to find out what changes to the rule are. I have heard from friends that there are new teams this season. The last season was quite refreshing with other teams leading the points instead of Ferrari.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Beacuse of EPL telecast, the last 10 min of yesterday qualifying was not shown Hope today can see some great actions.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    There's a repeat at 1730hr and the race start at 1830hr.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    there are 22 drivers this time and more races this season. next one coming at Sepang on 18-03. Results at Bahrain'06: 1-F.Alonso 10pts 2-M.Schumi 8 pts 3-K.Raikkonen 6pts Constructors: Renault 10pts McLaren Merc 10pts Ferarri 8pts
    Good race from Kimi for come back from the end of grid.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    http://www.formula1.com/ for F1 actions.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    It was a good race in my opinion today. I was hoping Schumacher would stick as close as possible to Alonso toward the end but it look like he was holding back. Kimi went from the last car to 3rd position.

Fernando Alonso
    Michael Schumacher
    Kimi Räikkönen
    Jenson Button
    Juan Pablo Montoya
    Mark Webber
    Nico Rosberg
    Christian Klien
    Felipe Massa
    David Coulthard
    Vitantonio Liuzzi
    Nick Heidfeld
    Scott Speed
    Ralf Schumacher
    Rubens Barrichello
    Jarno Trulli
    Tiago Monteiro
    Takuma Sato
    Yuji Ide
    Jacques Villeneuve
    Giancarlo Fisichella
    Christijan Albers

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hmm.. schumi still around? Thought he would have retired by now in a glorified manner.

Why is it that McLaren is leading in the constructors when Ferarri is the one that got the 2nd place in the first race? Strange.

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Alonso is a fantastic driver imo... His courage and techniques on the turns can fight with schumi at his best...

Didn't finish watching the race just now... Must be very exciting... Schumi was still leading at lap 28 when I left...
    ~ Vincent ~ Fishes calm your mind...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/valice/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Alonso lead as he went out from refuelling with Schumi just beside him at the 1st turn. From there, Alonso never looked back. Benny, maybe after a few more trophy he might retire.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It is a difference of maybe 0.2 sec at Alonso's second pit stop that determined the winner of the race. Whoever got in front at turn 1 then will have no problem of leading to the end.

Now that Honda is stronger, and Toyota is still It does not seem to improve much with its big budget.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Benny,
    McLaren co-leads in constructors 'cos both Kimi and Montoya score points (6+4=10pt)
    Where Schumi 2nd place = 8 pt and Massa was in 9th place =0 pt

I hope David Coulthard and Red Bull Racing improve this season with Ferrari engine.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I only recently then know that the engines in all the different teams has different number of valves... Some only got V8 engine while the richer teams has a V12 engine... No wonder the winners are always those few... Like abit of a unlevel playing field...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Any McLaren fanatics out there? I have loads of McLaren merchandise from the older days.

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I have a Kyosho Mini-Z F-1 Jordan Honda Bitten Heroes radio control car. It is as long as my palm, quite small. Another F1 merchandise I have is a Tamiya Ferrari F1 2000 licensed product with serial number AC6888HB. Wanted to look for the nbr AC8888HB but can't find so grabbed this one. Still in the box.

http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products.../lineup-e.html

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by valice
    I only recently then know that the engines in all the different teams has different number of valves... Some only got V8 engine while the richer teams has a V12 engine... No wonder the winners are always those few... Like abit of a unlevel playing field...
    Not true. Now all cars use 2.4 litre V8 engine by regulation, except special case for one team which still allows to use the old 3 litre V10 engine albeit restricted.

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    I am a F1 fan too.

Yes. The rule says 2.4l V8 engine. Teams are still allowed to use the old 3l V10 if they do not have access to 2.4l V8 engine yet. However, the old 3l V10 engines need to have limiter if teams gonna use it.

All these changes to the rules are due to the organiser wanted to slow down the car. Can you imagine, every year they are trying to slow down the car to create more overtaking opportunities and yet these cars break record time every year. Also, the audience such as i.e. benny gets bored as the season wore out with the winner or same team running away with the championship.

It also hurts advertising, which is a main source of revenue to F1 and its teams. Two years ago the viewership drops so badly whenever Schumi lead the race. Many audience switched off their TV once Schumi lead.

Fans like us love overtakings & uncertainties. And a big yawn to see Ferraris win all the time.

Senna Forever

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyq
    Benny,
    McLaren co-leads in constructors 'cos both Kimi and Montoya score points (6+4=10pt)
    Where Schumi 2nd place = 8 pt and Massa was in 9th place =0 pt

I hope David Coulthard and Red Bull Racing improve this season with Ferrari engine.
    And I tell you. Kimi and Montoya are two crazy drivers. They push their cars all the way unlike Schumi who is very scheming. Schumi is too smart a driver some say.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by barmby
    Kimi and Montoya are two crazy drivers.
    I totally agree...

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast