Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Those who had seen Dovii's fish at Ranchu Palace.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Those who had seen Dovii's fish at Ranchu Palace.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Went there today. Had a short talk with Jason.

He's have a fantastic collection. Really good collection many of which i had not seen live in front of me before. And those are just part of it.

Forget about the prices of the fish you had seen for the moment, as they are from his own collection and he had bought them not as a dealer himself too. So the cost is there.

Perhaps we can gather a list of fish we wish to be brought in and consolidate and pass to him. If it is feasible to bring in certain quantities, the prices available to us should be better.

those who had not been there, can drop by. Some really hard to find species there.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    which part of N Bridge Rd? landmark please. thanx much.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 6/8/2002 11:40:57 PM

which part of N Bridge Rd? landmark please. thanx much.
    ----------------
    The map to the shop is available on this thread:

here

Hope to see you all there.
    Shop Address:
    Cichlids Forever
    1024, Upper Serangoon Road
    Singapore 534762

Web-Site: http://www.cichlidsforever.com
    email: [email protected]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    thanx, hope to be able to drop by today.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    hi what the price range like for jason shop?been sms him for enquiries and wanted to make sum purchase but wallet very tight.summore burn my hands beeting on world cup.jason sorry for failing to turn up tis wkend despite confirming wif u cos no more monie to buy the bo luo mi frm u.mayb later loh after the world cup.will u keep a 5 inches speciman for me?tks

rgds
    LH is the power to the dark side.LH leads to fear.Fear leads to anger.Anger leads to hate.Hate leads to suffering.....

Feedback Score
    2day pop by jason shop and very impress.at first me and kakies ganna horlan but jason very helpful to guide us there through phone.tks jason!btw get an exotic earth eater for 15 bucks.quite satisfied wif thier price loh.but my concern is why ur adult red head cichlid and cuban need to cost few hundreds bucks?i get my one from ganges earlier on for around $1.5 for 3 inches red head and $5 for 4 inches cuban.btw i recconmend every cichlids lover to pop by his store loh and i lock on wif a no of puchase liao but hold back due to financial constraints.will contact u when have the cash.mus giv me discount hor jason!!!!! [] [] []

rgds
    LH is the power to the dark side.LH leads to fear.Fear leads to anger.Anger leads to hate.Hate leads to suffering.....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks.

The prices are steep for some, such as the red head. Cos it is actually my own collection. And I got it at quite a sum. However, I would think specimens varied. It is very difficult to get red head to have the head hump. Noemally they don't. This specimen at the shop has lost it's colours due to new environment, other wise it is a very good male of the species with bright red and good high hump. I will probably bring it home if it does not adapt well there.

I am bringing in more rare fishes smaller size - such as pink jack dempseys, pollinis, hartwegi, etc. and at more affordable prices. Once they are here, I intend to hold a flea market style sale at the upstairs of ranchu palace. All interested members can them come. Should be interesting.
    Shop Address:
    Cichlids Forever
    1024, Upper Serangoon Road
    Singapore 534762

Web-Site: http://www.cichlidsforever.com
    email: [email protected]

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    To be very frank, it is difficult to buy babies and have them grow to the size and quality of some of Jason's fish.
    It will take very long for them to be kept in home tanks and getting to maximum potential.

Cannot compare market price of young fish to adult specimens in proportionate terms. THere are a lot of other factors involved.

Jason, while i feel that it is inevitable that prices are high esp for some harder to find species, they are inaccesible to many.

ANd also, the pricing cannot be done based on the Luohan phenomenon. One reason why many are disgusted by the Luohan craze is that the fish are priced ridiculously high. One main factor that make cichlid keepers scorn at LHs is exactly their unpoportionate or rather, undeserved price.
    And while the market for willing LH buyers is like that, many cichlid keepers are hoping the opposite to happen.

Not talking abt super bargains, but there can be adjustment on both sides. I feel.

another reason is that not many ppl have the space to readily house big fish. thus sometimes juveniles are more accesible in this aspect too.

I PM you abt how in my opinion they should objectively be like.

Hi Jason,
    Good to know that u are still actively bringing in more new specimens. Will try to catch up with u next weekend. Just remember to keep me posted of any new shipments, ok? Good Luck and Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Where is this Ranchu Palace that you guys are talking about?
    Work Whenever, Fish Forever.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    do a search, i think dovii has replied with his address