Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Differences btwn Chamber Overflow and Sump??

Feedback Score

Differences btwn Chamber Overflow and Sump??

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello all,

Just would like to enquire wats the difference between an overflow system with the partitioned chambers beneath the tank and the internal overflow system which is like wat u people described as 0.5ft as a sump right behind a corner of the tank eg 4-5ft tanks...

Basically

1.wat r the features differences in this 2 diff systems?
    2.the setup cost??
    3.which one is significantly better and more worthwhile getting in the long run?
    4.where to get such tanks?

Hope u kind people can help me with this as i'm rather new to overflow and might be getting a 5ft tank in the next couple of months so need to find out more first b4 comitting in getting one.

Here fishy fishy fishy =)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    they both work on the same principle.
    they are both wet-drys.
    just that orientation is slightly different.

both are equally good since they can be considered to be same kind of filters, but on practical terms, i will prefer the external one, coz it will not take up valuable tank space. And also, you can size it whatever size you wish. And since both are same, the bigger of coz better.

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yes.. space is a premium in that tank.. thus the external sump is always better.. just as what LSZ had mentioned, the bigger the better.. my external sump is almost 1/2 to 1/3 the size of my marine tank.. []
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.