Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: fertilisation regime

Feedback Score

fertilisation regime

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Just like to ask those into planted tanks, what is your normal fertilisation regime?? Kindly state your tank size too.

For eg. i do 1ml of Seachem Flourish and 5ml of Seachem K for my 100litre tank.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    10ml TMG, 5ml Bioplast FE or 2 tablet of E15 for my 4ft.. 6ft without any fertilization

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    1m x 0.45m x 0.45m planted tank. JBL base fert, root monster. 1.5ml Flourish, 3ml Flourish Fe, 3ml Flourish K every other day. Just started Jobe sticks.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    you cannot follow a regime : cos the nutrients in you aquaria are frequently consumed by the plants in your tank. if you observe that your plants are not growing as well as they should then you should carry out the respective tests for deficiencies in your tank and top it up if necessary. a good practise is to do it on a regular basis and not wait till you see your plants wilting . Assuming you have an open tank concept you have to be more cautious and monitor the situation in your tank more often as the nutrients consumed by emersed plants may be more

Feedback Score
    what i am actually trying to derive from this thread is "what is the limiting factor experienced by most fellow aquarist?quot;
    Singapore's water supply seem to have an abundance of N and P but zero K in its water. I am surprised to see that somes' tank(s) do flourish even without supplementing K.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    At water change, I add Seachem Equilibrium (contains Mg, Ca, K, Fe, Mn). Tap is about 3-4 dGH, I added enuf to raise it to abt 8-9. This is to ensure sufficient Mg, Ca and K.

Every other day I add Seachem Flourish and K2SO4. Daily, I am experimenting with Seachem Excel. Every 2 months, add Seachem Tabs into the gravel.

BC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 6/13/2002 10:04:12 AM

what i am actually trying to derive from this thread is "what is the limiting factor experienced by most fellow aquarist?amp;amp;quot;
    Singapore's water supply seem to have an abundance of N and P but zero K in its water. I am surprised to see that somes' tank(s) do flourish even without supplementing K.
    ----------------
    I think it depends on the plants in the tank. My APP was doing quite well when I had a huge piece of drift wood in my tank. I also had massive algae problems. I suspect the wood was decomposing too fast for my tank to handle the ammonia/nitrates. When I removed the wood, the algae problem went away but my APP started dying a slow death. In fact, I was down to a few 10 cents sized yellow patches a few weeks ago. The rest of my plants were doing fine and growing fairly fast.

I upped the frequency of my fert dosage then, for some other reason. 2 days later, I noticed some of the new growth on my APP were greener and healthier looking. So far, the new growth is doing well. I can see some small leaves emerging from the substrate where I used to have APP.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    My tank is a 39 Liter Hexagon tank with 1 Eheim 2215, 2 x 15w Arcadia Freahwater tube and 1 AEC 36w PL ,using DIY co2 with internal reactor.

5ml of Tropica Master Grow once a week after water change.
    2ml of Tetra FloraPride Red everyday
    A few tablets of Sera Florentte A once a month for Lotus and Aponegeton sp.
    Aquatic plants and LEGO collector.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    for me 4 ft tank

5ml TR7, 2.5ml S7, 2 capsules of G7 and every week alternating, 2 tablets E15 or 1.5ml V30
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I have a 4 ft tank. I'm using Gold7 and E15.
    Welcome to visit my-blog

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    for my 3ft, i use dennerle gold 7 every week and daily dose of Dupla24
    -Paw here-

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    David could U please explain Y regeim more in detail
    Tks

Feedback Score
    hello folks,

i'm new to the planted tank concept and would appreciate if fellow enthusiasts could shed some light on this question of mine.

when should i start on a fertilization regime? the owner whom i bought my equipment and materials from said i should only start fertilzing a year from date of initial set up. he mentioned that the reason being the 3 buckets of fertiliser i put under my gravel would do the job supplying nutrients for the duration. is he right or should i start a fertilizing regime the moment a planted tank has been set up.

cheers,
    roy

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    roy, the nutrient in yr base fertilizer is good for rosette plants, stemmed plants or any others which requires more nutrient absorb nutrients from the water column.. thats y u need constant dosage to maintain them.. u will ask when is the rite time to dose then, u depends on the plants u have, some require certain compound more than others (example, red plants usually need more iron) u shldnt be adding liquid fert into a newly setup tank, reason to that is the plant has to adapt itself...

Feedback Score
    My 4ft tank is almost 1.5 yrs and lately it seems my Riccia are not bubbling anymore. It was great during the initial setup as there were lots of bubble. I used Ocean fert back then. Am I lack of fert right now? Not only my riccias didn;t bubble, but slowly turning yellow.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yellowing riccia is considered a sign of low potassium levels

Feedback Score
    Where do I get this potassium?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    quite a few ferts have K inside
    alternatively use seachem's flourish potassium

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    You can use K2SO4 available from hydroponics shop.

BTW, hwchoy, you did not respond my SMS to arrange to get the K2SO4 from me.

BC

Feedback Score
    simon,

thanks for the info once again. i'm aware that plants need to establish themselves in a new planted tank and any unnecessary fertilisation would only encourage algae bloom. that's precisely the reason why all newly planted tank should have fast growing plants. well, at least that's what i understood from my research on the web

i understand what you said but i'm not precisely sure the nutirents requirement of all the plants in my tank. i should get plant thats are susceptible to nutirents defificiency and apply dosage accordingly. or, i may, once the planted tank has been established, to apply periodic dosage. i suppose the only way to find which method works hest is thru trial and erro.

cheers,
    roy