Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

ECCO 2235

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, any one using 2235 here? Need your commnet on this product. Can not find the detail on eheim web site. Is this food for a 3ft tank?
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi, think it depends - yours' mainly-fish tank or planted tank?

i use 2231 for 1.5ft (mainly neon tetras) - looks good, but 2233 for 2ft (mainly plecos) - feel not enough...
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    This is for planted tank.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Mmmm... normally for a planted, you don't need too big a filter. But then it depends on your bio-load, type and amount of plants. I was using 2231 for my 1m planted. Later switched to 2 Eheim 2006 internals.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 6/17/2002 10:23:57 AM

Hi, any one using 2235 here? Need your commnet on this product. Can not find the detail on eheim web site. Is this food for a 3ft tank?
    Thank you.

----------------
    I am using it for my 4ft tank (~ 250L) currently. Flow is not strong but I guess good enough for my planted tank. The specs from the brochure is:

For tank size up to: 300L
    Pump output: 600 L/h
    Filter vol: 3 L
    Max. delivery head: 1.3 m
    Power consumption: 8W
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    2235.... Should be good enuf for your 3ft planted tank. Even with heavy bioload, it should be sufficient for it.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

I have a 2235 for a 3' planted tank. When the filter is seasoned, nitrate can be undetectable.

But the flow is not too strong though the 2235 is in the cabinet below the 3' tank

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for all the advise.
    I shall get a 2nd hand 2235.
    Now need to look for 2nd hand cheap tnak and co2 system.
    Wish me good luck.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I have a 2235, no complaints, but keep the o ring well lubricated, if not you can break the one of the retainers (or whatever its called), I broke mine, its still functional, just have to be extra careful when removing the cover (ie: slow and sturdy..might silicon it one day for better grip...)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 6/18/2002 3:14:23 PM

I have a 2235, no complaints, but keep the o ring well lubricated, if not you can break the one of the retainers (or whatever its called), I broke mine, its still functional, just have to be extra careful when removing the cover (ie: slow and sturdy..might silicon it one day for better grip...)
    ----------------
    Yes, you are correct, I just back from the seller's place, I did not buy it has the problem that you mention although the retainers has not broken yet, but when I pull down the handle to open the cover, found that the gap is not in conrrect position.

The gap moves if the opening and closing method is wrong. Also, after a couple of weeks of usage, it's a little hard to open the 2235. But move the handle a few times and it should open normally

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 6/18/2002 11:41:23 PM

The gap moves if the opening and closing method is wrong. Also, after a couple of weeks of usage, it's a little hard to open the 2235. But move the handle a few times and it should open normally

----------------
    I did not have this problem the first few times I washed the filter. But after a while, I have the "gap mis-alignment" problem too. What I did was to open pull the handle down slowly and if I noticed the gap problem going to appear, I used a screw-driver to push the inner red-coloured ring so they are in alignment again.
    Hope you understand what I mean.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    If you have this problem, before you close it put some vaseline on the O-Ring (the red rubber seal). It'll make it easier to open and close. Eheim gives vaseline together with the Professional series but not for the Ecco series. Eheim's vaseline is 'pure'. The one you buy the shelf at supermarkets might have other ingredients (e.g. fragrance). Dunno if it will affect the fish.

Another trick is to wet the ring before you close it, but you'll have problems opening after sometime.

Oh yeah, you'll get this problem too if you do not disconnect or close the input and output pipes first. I can't remember whether just closing is enough or must disconnect.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Is other brand or model filter like atman, jebo has this problem.
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    A lot of ppl are having problem with the handle.

I just bought a second hand one with a spoilt handle
    But i managed to fix it with some screws etc.

another person i know actually had broke the assembly of the handle too.

If you ask my comments, for that kind of money i will rather get a new 2217. But i can live without the valves etc thats why.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    anyone knows wat kind of external filter i shld get for my 2ft planted tank? if possible can u state the price too? thanks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I use 2213 for my 2ft planted... I got it at Tp69 for $75 but not sure still got stock as the shop had changed ownership and became a 'LHS'...
    Uniting all Guppy lovers

Guppy Club, Singapore

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    me using 2224 for my 2ft planted.. []

btw, i heard that broken handle for ECCO series is pretty often.. sigh.. design defect???
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yes, the plastic not strong enough to handle the torque if you exert too fast a force or don't keep the O ring lubricated..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It should be OK if you do not use the "self prime" feature. Just fill the container with water. Then, put back the pump head without connecting the hoses. Some of the water will flow out, but it is OK. Once done, connect the hoses and open the valve. Last, on the AC power. That it. This is what I normally do when washing the filter. Well, you may not like this as you never make full use of the 'self prime' feature.....anyway, which method you use is up to you.
    Welcome to visit my-blog