Singapore

Help!!Marine fishes refuse to eat

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi everyone,
    Two day ago I bought one Naso(Lipstick)
    fish and a yellow tang.And till today, they still refuse to eat after I tried to feed them with lettuce or frozen shrimp.But they seem veri healthy and swimming around the tank happily..Is this a normal sign or will they start to eat after a few more days..Any advises??

Rgds

Tangs are usually voracious eaters ... at least, mine were. You might want to try to start them off on live foods - live brine shrimp maybe.

Good luck!

Regards,
    Hong Yee

yo maxz....nasos r like tt wan.....sometimes they jus not interested at all..in the end die...
    my previous naso olso like tt....try giving nori...
    Acroporids and Tridacnids

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi everyone,
    Two day ago I bought one Naso(Lipstick)
    fish and a yellow tang.And till today, they still refuse to eat after I tried to feed them with lettuce or frozen shrimp.But they seem veri healthy and swimming around the tank happily..Is this a normal sign or will they start to eat after a few more days..Any advises??
    ----------------
    nice to see u back, mark... my naso and tang dun have that problem..however, initially, they refuse to feed too.. but just leave the lettuce in the tank.. eventually, they will eat once they are hungry.. alternatively, try feeding with brine shrimps first to start them off..
    the reason why they dun feed could be due to water perimeters.. tangs are very sensitive to changes.. or could be it that they are still adjusting to the environment.. give it a couple of days to see how.. in the wild, they can dun feed for a few days.. so.. no worries now..till a couple of days later..[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Kelstorm long long time no chat..
    becos busy working and rushing for assigment...
    anyway Thank for all ur advises..Now my yellow tang started to eat seaweeed but the naso tang still refused to eat ...worry worry...Hope he will eat later.

Rgds

Feedback Score
    Try feeding them wif brine shrimp...

My tangs prefer brine shrimp to mysis shrimps....

In btw....once they r hungry they will eat