Country
    England

Oh no..LOUHAN HIT UK

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Nooooo
    i was talking to a member of an english cichlid message board, and he has 3 Louhan. That means they are available in the UK..
    Plz wish me luck that they dont take over my stores like they have those of singapore..
    Mez[]
    Currently keeping many wild betta species and other anabantoids.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    james, nothin to worry.. singapore is a special case

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    James ! - The invasion of LH ! ! ! []

Safe Diving !
    akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    LHs are available in US and Canada too. But they haven't been popular becos lots of ppl there frown on hybrids. I suppose the response in UK shouldn't be too different, so dont worry [:]

Feedback Score
    yeah man!as the old chinese saying the real gold does not fear the hot fire........dun worry too much.........keep us update on the situation there ok????

rgds
    LH is the power to the dark side.LH leads to fear.Fear leads to anger.Anger leads to hate.Hate leads to suffering.....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I don't think UK pp believe the luck thing. So it won't be like here.
    Click to My Aquarium Blog
    I Love Corydoras, Planted Tank and Taiwan ( Singaporean )

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Cory , most people are not keeping Luohan for luck actually.

Those lucky numbers appearing on fish are just some sideline talks. Thats not the main motivation.

the reason is simply coz ppl just like the fish.

and how ppl had grown to like the fish...well the story everyone knows

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yesterday evening's 6.30 news on channel u, talked about luohan fever![:0]

sorry, my mandarin's half-past-six so didn't pay much attention.[]
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Last night, I'd just managed to convince my uncle-in-law to abandon his LHs' for pure breed cichlids [] Anyone knows where I can get some Midas?
    Work Whenever, Fish Forever.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    Cory , most people are not keeping Luohan for luck actually.

Those lucky numbers appearing on fish are just some sideline talks. Thats not the main motivation.

the reason is simply coz ppl just like the fish.

and how ppl had grown to like the fish...well the story everyone knows
    ----------------
    Sure? Thought I always hear that the spots on the body, the bump on the head are supposed to be signs of auspicious symbols for bringing in luck etc? Not to offend anyone but most of the LH customers seems to be those 'old bengs and uncles'. Those that I personally feels that they doesn't know much about FW fish other than LHs.

If not, I just can't understand why everyone is looking those fish and kept praising about those lump on the head ?!? You know? The longer I stare at an adult LH, the more I feel that it really looked like a human face. []

Of course there are other cichlids that bears the same similarity. But maybe it is due to the craze here that I am getting to dislike those fish.

Well, my personal opinion. No offence to the cichlid lovers ok?

Just my 2 cents,

I guess you guys don't really understand the LH craze except superficially.
    Most of the people I know that keep LHs do NOT keep them for luck or 4D numbers.

They keep them for how responsive the fish is and how the fish can turn out.

On the contrary, if you just read through the posts at arofanatics, you will find that most of the keepers are not ah pehs. There is actually a quite diverse age group from primary school kids right up to ah pehs and aunties. Most of the people who keep LHs at arofanatics are working young adults

I feel all these negative posts are quite unhealthy. People do have a choice as to what they want to keep. Why force them to like what you like?
    We are all individuals and have a right to choose

Somehow, the marketing machine by the LH breeders are fantastic. Think about it...

LH competition - News covers them
    Discus and betta competitions - no cover or minimal

There are new strains coming out every couple of months.

Think about bubble tea. How much coverage did they have?
    I believe that the aquarium industry is happy with what is happening. LHs move tank equipment and generate high profit margins for them and the LFS.

If planted tanks can generate as much income as LHs for the industry, I'm quite sure that the scene will change. From visiting various LFS, the LH scene doesn't look likely to change in any short period of time.
    Ppl are still willing to fork out crazy amount of money for the fish.
    At best, it'll drop down to the interest level of discuses, arowanas, bettas and goldfish.

Sure, I keep LHs and planted tanks and bettas, and I'm sure all of us mourn the less availability of tropical fish due to the craze.

Why sit around and N.A.T.O.? Do something about it

In the meantime, I think we should all stop giving LH owners dirty looks. I know that there are quite a number of people who keep LHs in this forum who are afraid of letting others know that they keep LHs as they are afraid that they will be looked down. Spare a thought for them..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    and anyway ,

the so called responsiveness and koks and whatever are not Luohan specific

If talking abt responsiveness, it is not even cichlid specific. Any big fish kept alone for some time will exibit such behaviour. They are the result of extreme boredom and lack of interaction in an unnatural setting. Arowanas, giant gouramis, all are extremely responsive.
    Excessive digging and rearrangement of the tank are also the results of such.

Many ppl attribute the "playfulness" and "responsiveness" to Luohans. The truth is far too many other reasons come into play. It is not due to the fish alone, and definitely not just coz the fish is a LH.

We had been deprived, thats why.