Thread: shop recommendation for apistos and dwarf cichlids

Feedback Score

shop recommendation for apistos and dwarf cichlids

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    folks,

i'm really intrigued by these compact, brilliantly colored fishes. presently doing research on them but am wondering where to get them.

i've no access to a car and visiting every lfs in the hope of finding these fishes isn't feasible. i understood that H2O carries them and will be paying the shop a visit tomorrow. just wondering where else can i view and/or buy these fishes? all accurate, timely info is much appreciated.

btw, i've seen quite a good selection of apistos and dwarf cichlids in pet safari but the prices seemed ex. is the ballpark figure of $30 standard pricing for these fishes?

cheers,
    roy

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    As far as we know, H2O has the most varieties of apisto available locally.. other places would be;

1)That fish and pet place at hougang
    2)PeWe alley at Joo Chiat
    3)Tropical international at Lor halus
    4)Toh at No.16 LCK lane 9A
    5)Tiong Bahru market
    6)Pet safari

prices varies between species.. so when u say $30, which species u referring to?

will be easier for us to point out the lfs, if u let us know which species u looking for..

and pls visit ApistoMania

Feedback Score
    simon,

thanks for helping once again. i'll check out h2o and pet safari this afternoon since got to pick up spare part in tampinese. will check out the other places early or mid next month.

i'm brand new to apistos and what species question is tough for me to answer. yes, i've got a list of apistos but doubt the shops know the scientific names. yes, i'm sure you do but if i present the names to aquarium shops, they would be clueless again.

cheers,
    roy

Feedback Score
    simon,

btw, saw your thread "apisto sighted at tiong bahru". the species mentioned didn't show in the apistogrammas database except for the one mentioned in parentesis.

cheers,
    roy

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 6/23/2002 9:58:59 AM

simon,

btw, saw your thread "apisto sighted at tiong bahru". the species mentioned didn't show in the apistogrammas database except for the one mentioned in parentesis.

cheers,
    roy
    ----------------
    roy, u referring to the A. sp. 'steel blue'? search the section, I remember posting a pic... all lfs sell them by their latin or scientfic names, so u gotta know except for Toh who speaks mandarin