Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Bolivian Butterfly Cichid

Bolivian Butterfly Cichid

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Looking for the above fish. It looks like ram but lack the blue colour. Saw this in one of the Jurong West fs sometime ago but the owner does not know the type of fish. Went there again but they were all gone. Do let me know if you spotted this fish.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    picture

i have not seen it myself but others might, the above link is a picture of the fella u're looking for.
    To each her own fish !
    petfrd

Feedback Score
    work finally over on sunday.will assume my fish hunting trip around the island nxt wk.will keep u update if i find the a/m fish loh....

rgds
    LH is the power to the dark side.LH leads to fear.Fear leads to anger.Anger leads to hate.Hate leads to suffering.....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    If its the bolivian ram you are looking for, you can try the cichlid farm at Lor Halus.

Not sure what is the name of the shop or its address, but its across the Koi farm after turning left on the main road from the rest of the other fish farms. There are only two shops side by side up a slope, its the one deeper in. I have seen them with quite a variety of fishes too. Sorry but this is all the info I can provide, all the best
    Work Whenever, Fish Forever.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Saw some rams at Toh's farm @ LCK. Similar too the pic by rain.... not certain if it's the same. May want to check it out the price is quite attractive.
    Cheers!!

Sherwin Choo
    [email protected]

Thanks guys. Went to Toh but didn't see the fish. It must be the keyhole cichlid you saw. Thanks anyway. I've been planning to go to Lor. Halus but haven't got the time. Hopefully I can make a trip there this weekend. Btw, do they close on Sunday?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    den: u should ask the Toh brothers they might have them cos i too saw it b4.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    harlus dun closed on sun but be prepared for the crowd loh.....

rgds
    LH is the power to the dark side.LH leads to fear.Fear leads to anger.Anger leads to hate.Hate leads to suffering.....

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Dennisks,saw some nice ones @no:63,Lor halus.2nd shop from the entrance.cheers.
    When my fishes are happy, I'm happy.

Thanks guys! Will definately make a trip there this Sat.

Feedback Score
    dennisk can update what cichlids r there selling cos going there nxt wk?tks

rgds

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    hi ,
    if u are still looking for them, they are available at a LFS at geylang bahru.
    a tankful of them, $2 each. quite big size too

Feedback Score
    I've seen Bolivin rams before in one lfs at Serangoon North (where Rainbow & Petmart is), but that was abt a month ago.

Went there on Sunday but was totally lost, not sure where was no. 63. Anyway, I saw some Bolivian ram but they were in very bad condition. I didn't get any. Guess what I found, a shop selling 90% LH has a tankful of Apisto but I couldn't ID them. They look a bit like the blue faced one but without the blue makings. I asked the owner but he can only tell me that they are Apisto but not the type. They are selling at $1 each. I didn't get any either.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    apisto at $1 each? hmm...[:]
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    That's the hybrid blue steel apisto. Very aggressive n can stand up 2 my agassizi. My dominant male [ I bought 3 now left 2, both male] is now showing aggression n territorial. I have personally seen this male bite my agas mouth n hold it, just like how bettas fight! I 'kanchong' n quickly knock on the tank wall 2 separate them. Now regret buying it.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Saw them sold as feeder @ $2. per bag.[] []
    When my fishes are happy, I'm happy.

Definately not the hybrid blue steel apisto. I got 2 of those. Maybe it's the female one