Country
    Singapore

Help!!! NO2 very high

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

Newbie here, just setup a 1ft planted tank with 15 guppies, shld said half-full planted, tested a few days, changing abt 30% everyday, NO2 is high. Anyone can advice how to reduce the NO2 bfore the fishes kanna burn? I currently add some PSB active bacterial & small amt of salt hope it temp detoxicfy.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Tango,
    Your bioload is too high, your tank is too new and changing water everyday is not helping at all. There is no time for the beneficial bacteria to colonise. What filter you using? Canned bacteria dies immediately upon contact with chlorine.
    Take out the fish let the tank run in for 2 weeks but 15 is still alot might want to give away some. Lastly, welcome to AQ.
    Something about the water & the fishes that calms me down.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi, i currently using mini overhanging filter. anyways to fasten the process? Or shld i change the water using my 3ft tank water?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    You have no choice but to change water more regularly in small amounts to dilute the NO2.

Add in more plants. They'll help in colonising bacteria and meanwhile absorb ammonia. Try stemmed plants or ask the shop for hornwort.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi, Hornwort , i saw someone here giving off free . You mention change small amt of water at a time, how much is the amt & how many times per day for my 1ft tank. Thks for advice.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Try change 25% water daily. Add plants. Add a airstone if deem necessary. Adding salt was a good move. There are additives like Seachem Prime that help to detoxify Nitrite too.

...keep your fingers crossed.

... and write "I will never add fishes into a new tank without first cycling it properly." 1000 times... ... just joking...

BC

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    "... and write "I will never add fishes into a new tank without first cycling it properly." 1000 times... ... " I will write if reali help. haha...... Thanks anyway for your advice.