Images
    Country
    Taiwan

CO2 and diffuser Effective placement

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I have a tank that has been running well for years. Decided to increase plants, increase light and get CO2. All is going well for the past 8 mths, groth is great, but just wondering. I use a little glass diffuser in the tank and have a canister filter. I don't have a regulator. I was thinking. Right now my Co2 strams up bubbles infront of the rain bar which pushes it thoughout the tank. Still I see bubbles floating up to the water surface. Would it work if I placesd the diffuser directly under the intake of the canister filter allowingthe bubbles to be sucked into the canister fileter, missed with the water through being bounced around in the media and then pushed out through the rain bar. would this work. I thought maybe having CO2 going into the cansiter might be a little noisy, but where the placement is I would not really hear it anyway. Would it allow the CO2 to diffuser better? Would it be a problem? Wouldn't it be the same thing as having a C02 reactor and then piping it into the rainbar?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    My setup is a rainbar placed horizontally at the top of one side of the tank slightly pointing the water flow downwards, and on the other side of the tank my diffusor is placed in the centre. This makes the bubbles flow all over the tank and result in good pearling.

You can also place a rainbar horizontally at the bottom of your tank along the substrate pointed facing out, and insert the CO2 before the first hole of the rainbar. There will be a mist of CO2 bubbles shooting out from bottom up.