Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Need Comments

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I have a 120 Litres tank and its heavily planted.

Equipped with C02 canister tank and strong lights at 5wpg. Two filters are connected to the tank, one Eheim 2026 (950litres/h) which is connected to the chiller and another Fluval 303 (flowrate 840 litres/h) running in parallel.

Any comments?
    Last edited by benny; 11th Jul 2006 at 03:33.
    It's not just "Step1: Add Water, Step2: Add Fish" If everything else don't work, add plastic plants and fish

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    What would you like us to say? Your list of equipment and how's it's connected?

Perhaps you should consider rephasing your query to get a more specific answer. Alternatively, you can consider attaching a picture of your setup or aquascape. Otherwise...

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Are two canister filters overkilling? But I have no choice becos one for the chiller. The other is a standby just in case.
    It's not just "Step1: Add Water, Step2: Add Fish" If everything else don't work, add plastic plants and fish

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    120L = 2 feet tank? Maybe with the dimension of the tank given, I'm sure better advise can be given.

Best to post a photo of your current filtration layout or aquascape like what Benny mentioned earlier.

An empty tank (assuming its a 2 footer) can have torrential currents considering your pumps, likewise if its heavily planted with hardscape to block some current flow might not be that torrential.

Still its too vague without more details furnished. Hope you understand this is to prevent any wrong information or suggestions, being passed to you.
    visit my photo albums @ flickr!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Here are some pics
    P1010099resize.jpg

Attachment 3262

Any comments? According to specs of the 2 filters, I'm getting 15 times turnover of the water being filtered.

Tank dimensions 69.5(L) x 42(D) x 41(H) cm
    Last edited by vincentlii; 26th Aug 2006 at 10:36.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    IMO for your tanks' size, it might be a bit of an overkill. If you intend to use both, connect the Fluval to your chiller and leave the 2026 as a stand-alone and reduce its water flow.

Are you fishes being 'thrown' around in your tank?
    How's your output flow like?

Then again, I own a large tank and have limited experience with smaller tanks, however the logic works the same to me.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It may be overkill considering a 2 ft tank. You may consider using one of the filters to drive your chiller. Check the specification of your chiller to see what flow rate is recommended. I don't see there is a problem even if your filter offers slightly slower flow rate with all the filter media. Install a rainbar across the tank to reduce the flow rate into the tank. Too strong a flow rate may not be a good thing for plant and critters.
    Maurice Cheong
    A . M o m e n t . o f . T r a n q u i l i t y...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Output is like 1790Litres/hour but with all the output tubes pointing at each other to cancel the effects of strong current. There is no water movement at the surface of water, trying to preserve the precious CO2 leh. Fishes I keep is the Boraras Brigittae 40pcs. They are not being pushed around by the current. 20 over Yamatos and 3 CRS and the mini Glossostigma still not showing signs of growing but photosynthesis is very vigorous Dont know why. All other plants are growing at a tremendous rate.

The output of the Eheim 2026 can be adjusted? Dont tell me I need to install a valve to reduce the diameter of the hose, wont that damage the powerhead of the filter?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Its the pull lever that needs to be adjusted, there is no need to install a valve. (how you remove the hose attachment).

Read the Eheim's owner manual that you have.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Bro,
    What fishes do you have in there as well ? Bioload ?

Thanks...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    One SAE and a dwarf pencil fish and 2 otto as well, that's all. I read the manual already, yeah the flow rate can be adjusted but I will leave it as it is, thanks!