Images
    Country
    Singapore

White worms

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    there have been a lot of talk about this but i am wondering whether mine is white worms...

they are little egg like stuff that is there for the longest time.. it does not wriggle at all but multiplies a lot...

How to get rid of this? I cant take a pic cos it's too small....

It is in my CRS tank. PLease help...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Do you have nerite snails in the tank? I used to think that the small sesame seed like white stuff are worms that do not move much too... Those are the eggs of the snails...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    that is a good one.. never thought of that...

wat are nerite snails?

i have snails whcih i bought from C328 bought boss say will not reproduce one..... any pic? i could not find any on the net.. or at least it looks different.. but gut feel tells me you may be rite..

how to get rid of it?

it's at the silicon side... i tried cleaning it off, but cant seem to reach it as it next to silicon and anything sharp may cause breakage...cant introduce puffer cos my shrimps will be eaten rite?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi

I took a pic from my digital but cannot upload..... can i email to you to see whether it's a nerite snail?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes. That is a nerite... To remove the eggs (which will hatch, but the tiny babies will not survive as they need brackish water), just use your fingers to scrape them off. They are hard, but not that hard...

To upload the picture, use the [img] tag. The end tag should have the '/' sign...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks alot.. mystery solved