Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States

Unhappy Baby Goldfish

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi! My goldfish just had babies last month. They were all doing fine until I changed the water a couple days ago, Now some of them are getting big black eyes turning white and dying. Does anyone know why? I cleaned the tank the same way I did it before and I didnt have a problem now they are dying.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hi cheriez,

the dying may be due to the drastic changes in water condition after you changes water.

what is the PH of the original water and the PH of the changed water.

you can use floating plant for the fish to get their micro food, and also to take shelter.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Dear Cherie,
    The parent goldfish should be remove from this tank for obvious reasons. Water in this tank should be changed fortnightly and with aged water and tank left alone, amount maybe in the region of 20 -25%. Babies are vulnerable at this stage, ensure chlorine and chloramine is remove from new water as they will 'burn' the baby fish. You can't do much for the affected fellas as the rest can't take medication now unless you are very familar with dosage regime. My advise is to XXX them as survival rate is very low. Sometimes you must be cruel to be humane....
    Something about the water & the fishes that calms me down.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States
    I am down to 6 fish out of 80. (so sad) The adult fish are in a seperate tank. I seperated them when I found the eggs. I went to walmart and bought a filter and a bubble stone and also a breeding net. I changed the water and added aquasafe. I put the remaining babies in the net and added a adult fish to the tank due to seeing her tail has a tear in it. I wasnt sure if the other adult fish were picking at it. so hopefully everything will get better.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Cherie,
    Sorry to hear about your loss, painful lesson but one I believe will serve you well later in your hobby. Reminder, the fries will not be able to withstand any medication. Water for breeding tanks are generally left alone and aged water is always used. The good news is that pair will spawn again soon...
    Something about the water & the fishes that calms me down.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United_States
    Well my last 6 babies survived the night, Usually when I wake up in the morning there are dead ones floating around. So this is a positive. Next I was looking around and saw something about melafix, and curing things wrong with the fins. I was going to pick that up in hopes that it mends my fish's torn tail.