Images
    Country
    Singapore

Triming my Cryptocoryne spp.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Some of my crypts had grow new plant. The older plant had some tall leafs. I used to trim it even it is good and growing healthly.

1.Will crypts grow more leafs if i trim more ?

2.After trim, will the new leaf grow shorter then previously ht?

I have 3 different types of crypts (duno name), bought from Teo Farm, if i am not wrong one imported from China more expensive 3 stalks $10 while another about $1 each.Another from Boon keng at $4 each. All crypts are now heathly grown in my tank abt 3 mth

Regards

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Crypts are rather slow growing plants. I don't think trimming will speed up the growth.
    Also I observed the same crypts can grow a little different under different tank conditions and temperatures.
    koah fong
    Juggler's tanks

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Cryptocoryne need much less trimming than other plants. I just trim them when they get too thick or the leaves are too old.

I don't think it'll speed up growth. The new leaves should grow to the same height and length as all other leaves.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by |squee|
    Cryptocoryne need much less trimming than other plants. I just trim them when they get too thick or the leaves are too old.

I don't think it'll speed up growth. The new leaves should grow to the same height and length as all other leaves.
    actually, I had plant it infront of the tank. I duno if the light is too strong. Every now, old plant will usually melts but overall it is very healthy as new plants are already grown nearby it.

By the way, KH at 2-3 alright for cryptocoryne Frame and fissiden moss with 4x2x2 36watt x 8nos x 4fts too strong? Temp at 26d.

Thanks