Country
    Singapore

Nature Aquarium's T5 vs C328's Jebo T5

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Halo gurus,

Can anybody tell me which one is the better quality.... the NA's T5 4 x39w lighting or Jebo's T5 4x39w lighting which can be purchase in C328. Of course, C328's Jebo T5 lighting the price is a lot difference by SGD 20. The auntie say the Jebo T5 is HO type.

I really pondering which one i should buy from NA or C328...NA knows our needs whereas C328, that i'm really not too sure.

Can you pls , gurus advise me...
    cheers
    eddy planer

Wanna to read me? Try this

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    get those with parabolic reflectors ("M" shaped) attached to individual T5tube. I think HO is determined by the tube wattage, 4ft T5 HO is 54W. NA is also selling HO types.

best if u can diy. Cheap and good.
    Steve Chua @ Reservoir

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Eddy,
    I wouldn't go to the extend of which is better but I'll tell you what I'll buy. There isn't any major difference between the two brands. I think price will have to be the deciding factor here.
    I have to point out though the DIY sets with parabolic or spider or whatever they call them reflectors are definitely better than the commercial sets but if you have lousy DIY skills, you end up paying more. Furthur more, NA has a warranty program pertaining to certain models. Hope this helps.
    Something about the water & the fishes that calms me down.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Maybe you can also consider Solite T5 set? I heard its not bad in performance and affordable price too...I'm going to get one set for myself tomorrow!!!
    Aquatic Dreams
    Custom Made Aquarium Tanks, Cabinets & Stands

Contact Us: [email protected]
    FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/aquaticdreamsg/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I believe both no much different, NA light come woth one pc plastic reflector just like normal light, and Jebo also the same.

The only different is one made by Mr Chan with eballast come with warranty and one make by manufacturer with unknown eballast (might be cheap china brand) or etc...

So far i think only ATI brand or those high end brand light come with individual reflector but price sure more than $300++ for 39w X 4 T5.

If i will you I will get NA light which u mentioned cheaper $20 with warranty plus good service after sales by Mr Chan.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Caca, you must take note that Solite's T5 is NOT the spider reflector although it is individual reflector for each tube. Just giving you a heads-up in case you get disappointed to see that it is not parabolic reflector...

It is still a good buy anyway...
    ~ Vincent ~ Fishes calm your mind...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/valice/

Hi eddy ,

if you want really choose from this two set ,I advise you get the NA set . From what I know , jebo T5 set had the reflector problem after use . The NA set reflector is better than jebo . By the way , I do own the NA T5 set .

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I just got my solite....although its not spider reflector but its still better than the other reflectors on other brands of lightsets....

overall i'm happy with it!!
    Aquatic Dreams

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by hii
    I

If i will you I will get NA light which u mentioned cheaper $20 with warranty plus good service after sales by Mr Chan.
    Actually NA's T5 4x39w lighting is more expensive $20 more than C328 Jebo T5 4x39w lighting.

If you talking about warranty...then NA maybe better choice.

Any one tell me... what kind or type of NA's eballast and the Jebo's eballast? May consider to replace 2 ATI sunpro and 2 superwhite after 6 months usage. The trouble is are those eballasts from NA or Jebo suitable for ATI tubes?

Sorrry gurus, have to trouble you for asking too much..
    cheers
    eddy planer

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Cacatuoides
    I just got my solite....although its not spider reflector but its still better than the other reflectors on other brands of lightsets....

Congratulation Cacatuoides...your solite is great!

What a pity , i cant afford it . Well, i must say any T5 lighting still still better than PL or FL or T8: so i mustnt complain too much. I need to be consent if i can lay my hand on 4 x 39w T5 to get my mosses, hairgrass and future MM alive.

This mid September ...i expecting hundreds killies fry to fill up my 3 ft tank. So i need that real fast.

Thank you for the advise..
    cheers
    eddy planer

hi eddy ,

I suspect the NA set ballast is not electronic ballast because it is hot after light up a period of time . Maybe one day ,should open up have a look .

I also had one set DIY T5 set with electronic ballast which is lukewarm as compare to NA set .

I also in same situation as you when I want to buy the T5 lighting set. So far happy the NA set . In singapore , quality come with a price still valid

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    did i see hundreds of killies fries???

I suggest you save up and get it worth the money...no point to settle for the second best right? hehe

ps. my plants and moss are loving it!!! bubbles after bubbles!!
    Aquatic Dreams

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Cacatuoides

Where did you get your solite & how much you paid for it?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I got it from Aquamarin, so far they're the only ones with a good and affordable T5 set....excellent service as well its the same price as the ones stated in the merchant thread
    Aquatic Dreams

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Sorry Guys,
    Tried to locate, but could not find the address to Aquamarine.
    Are they doing online sales?
    Please someone educate me on this cos I am looking for a 4ft T5 too...
    Thanks!
    "Live simply, simply live."
    4ft Tank: 4 Altums, 2 Bristle Noses, 2 Panda Garras
    2ft Tank 1: 1 Tetraodon Baileyi
    2ft Tank 2: 1 Monotrete Abei
    2ft Tank 3: 1 Tetraodon Cochinchinensis

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    They are at Jalan Kayu, towards Seletar Camp.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by christmaslovebird
    hi eddy ,

I also had one set DIY T5 set with electronic ballast which is lukewarm as compare to NA set .
    Hi chrismaslove bird and all,

Thanks for your advise....

You telling me that DIY is far out better and cooler than NA or C328's lighting products? I must say, are your DIY lighting system has any fans to cool the fella?

If so, will be very appreciate that you either post some drawing or pix to it. I planning to purchase 2 dual ebiru electronic ballasts and perharp 2 ATI Sunpro tubes and 2 ATI Superbright tubes , all these ATI tubes can be purchase in West Coast area (Hong Leong Garden shopping arcade). There is no need to travel all the way to Jalan Kayu to purchase them like any Solite or ATI products. This West Coast fella and janet give the same pricing for these products. Maybe good news for our AQ Western comrades.

So i got 2 T8 2 x 29w lighting units, maybe plan to convert those T8 fellas to 3 x 39 w lighting. Anybody willing to share with me the step by step method to made these modification work. I had unsuccessfully trying to convert a T8 2 x 29W to T5 3 x 39 w due to the wrong electronic ballest of 59w and china made electroinc ballest of 40w which overheated after 4 hrs useage! That prompt me to purchase a 150w MH with 8000K (daylight) but my plants dying and arent growing at all since 2 months ago.

All my grass hairs, mm, and gloco are dead except for my mosses are staying alive as the temperature always constant 25 degree C.

Any kind gurus share with me...or share with me during AQ Farm Excursion trip this Saturday.
    cheers
    eddy planer

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by eddy planer
    150w MH with 8000K (daylight) but my plants dying and arent growing at all since 2 months ago.
    can't really belief MH will cause this...might be something wrong with your water condition and 25C since a very good condition to most of the plant.

1) What plants you keep in your tank?
    2) How long you switch on the MH light?
    3) CO2 or WO CO2?

it will help if you post more info regarding your PH, KH and etc .. dont keep changing light as it really cost a lot.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by hii
    can't really belief MH will cause this...might be something wrong with your water condition and 25C since a very good condition to most of the plant.

1) What plants you keep in your tank?
    2) How long you switch on the MH light?
    3) CO2 or WO CO2?

it will help if you post more info regarding your PH, KH and etc .. dont keep changing light as it really cost a lot.
    Thanks for prompt reply...

MH light up time start 7pm to 430am. Co2 : 5 bubbles per second, Water changing 20% - 25% every Sunday.

Plants: now christmas mosses, Taiwan mosses, Spiky moss and US Fissi., Rotala SP are staying alive but alittle not healthy.. Rotala SP especially.
    The dead is MM, hair grass. gluoco and downsoi .

MH light . i'm using the same brand as some forumer's recommeded .

Any comments? gurus
    cheers
    eddy planer

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    What's your fertilisation regime?
    You have high lights, looking at CO2 rate, assuming to be high (but depends on your kH//pH reading to be certain), your nutrients got to be high as well...

Else with your lights and CO2, there is no chance your MM or HG or Glosso will die... Downoi maybe due to melting and stuff...
    ~ Vincent ~ Fishes calm your mind...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/valice/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast