Feedback Score
    Country
    United Kingdom

Unhappy Sick fantail goldfish need help

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello, I have recently increased the size of our coldwater tank and added another fantail to our existing one, all was great until I noticed some very tiny spots on the fins of the new fantail along with the fins of the fish being held in, now the other fantail is behaving in the same way although there are fewer spots, I have now treated them for white spot, but they are now both sitting on the bottom of the tank and appear to have a light velvety look about them, they are feeding but this is the only time they move from the bottom, I am due to give them another white spot treatment in a few days, can anyone tell me if sitting at the bottom of the tank is typical symptom of white spot or could they have something else? How long does it take for the fish to improve after a white spot treatment? any help gratefully received.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Clairet,
    Welcome to Aquatic quotient, err...what's a fantail over there? Easier for us to help, thanks.
    Something about the water & the fishes that calms me down.

Feedback Score
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Hi Michael, they are fantailed goldfish, they have a more egg shaped body than usual godfish and tails like a fan. I noticed this morning that the tail of the more healthy fish looks like bits are coming away, perhaps this is fin rot? although the other fish still has small white spots all over it, they are both unhappy fellas. I will continue with 20% water change, adding salt and some melafix, they are both still sitting on the bottom?