Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

algae on glosso

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi guys, i've recently discovered algae on my glosso. the leaves are covered with green spots. how do i get rid of it??? btw some of my tenellus kana also......

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi keith, u can manually remove those infected leaves, siphon the dirt away.. do some trimming to thinning them down

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi, my glosso also had very fine black dot on the leave. I think it should be another type of algae. Already remove/cut some of infected leaves. But a week later, still found quite lot of the leaves are already infected again. I brought them found Gen-X, only planted new grown leaves & discarded the infected leaves. Don know how it grow back again. Very lazy or don have much time to cut it manually again.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    HI jason, if thats the case, remove all of them and get new plants.. always remember that foreground plants like glosso, riccia, tenellus... looks nice when they r thick, but rotting happens to those below, thus, u will be unable to see it till its too late, another reason is the poor water circulation between the layers, therefore, algae oso will be very likely to grow and multiply.. always try siphoning during water change

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Try using yamoto shrimps... It solve it for me...