Country
    Singapore

How long can a 2L CO2tank last?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

Roughly how long can a 2L CO2 tank last in a medium planted 2ft tank?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    it depends greatly on what is your bps....the more u use, the faster your co2 will deplete....as my case, i'm having 2bps and my tank hasn't top up since more than half year ago!
    Aquatic Dreams
    Custom Made Aquarium Tanks, Cabinets & Stands

Contact Us: [email protected]
    FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/aquaticdreamsg/

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Cacatuoides View Post
    it depends greatly on what is your bps....the more u use, the faster your co2 will deplete....as my case, i'm having 2bps and my tank hasn't top up since more than half year ago!
    how to determine how many bps do I need? where can I find such info?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    bro, are you using any solenoid?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cacatuoides View Post

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Roughly 6~10 months when used with solenoid

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    consumption rate will depend on how many bubbles per second you are using.. to count, buy a bubble counter and attached to your regulator or solenoid..

on average, at 2bps and 10 hour per day, it should at least last you for 6 months or more..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by mtanec View Post
    consumption rate will depend on how many bubbles per second you are using.. to count, buy a bubble counter and attached to your regulator or solenoid..

on average, at 2bps and 10 hour per day, it should at least last you for 6 months or more..
    Usually I will switch ON the tank lighting at night from 7pm to 6am, so I think I will manually turn ON the CO2 supply during this time as well... am I right to do so?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    think of how many hours sunlight we have per day.. that's the actual number of hours we should give the plants too.. as they will max out at certain hours and start to close up..

some plants only need up to 8 hours and some can last longer.. on average, 10 hours shld be sufficient for most plants.. looking back at the actual sunlight, sun start rising at 7am, and the actual sunlight start working around 8am.. by 4pm, the sunlight actually start to weaken and that's why some plant naturally need 8 hours.. while those light hungry plants will continue to work even with little sunlight thus these plants are those plants that continute to work even after the 8 hour mark in the tank.. so it is natural to see some plants producing a lot of bubble at certain hours and subsequently cutting off bubbles while some plants continue to bubble none stop..

in short, I never use more than 10 hours of light per day.. you must also consider how much sunlight your tank is receiving during the day.. this is to equal out the amount of darkness and daylight to promote healthy growth.. plant need darkness to absorb nutrients, to fully replenish for the next daylight.. while some plants are able to absorb in daylight but at lower rate..

from here you can tell when is the most efficient hour for plants to take up nutrients and when to dose nutrients.. very important to understand your plants before deciding on which nutrient dosing regime is best for you..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by alex76 View Post
    Usually I will switch ON the tank lighting at night from 7pm to 6am, so I think I will manually turn ON the CO2 supply during this time as well... am I right to do so?
    Yeah me too! Is this method ok? Heard that turning on/off too often may spoil the regulator, true??

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    maybe if your buget allows, you might want to consider investing in a solenoid then?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffer View Post
    Yeah me too! Is this method ok? Heard that turning on/off too often may spoil the regulator, true??
    wear and tear is inevitable whether the item is in used or even in storage.. most importantly, avoid contact with water.. you can prevent water back flowing into the solenoid/regulator with the use of a check valve..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks bros for the advice - think should get a check valve. Hope it does not cost a bomb.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    check valve are rather cheap, around a few dollars