Country
    Singapore

Assistant needed to bring dwn the PH

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi All,

I need some assistant.. my current tank PH is at 7.75 and I tried to buffer it with co2 to buffer it dwn but afterwhich switch off the co2, the PH level return back to 7.75 again... Previously, add in old medias from planted tank and chiclid tank...

I did not add in any coral chips at all..

Currently,medias below ;

Biohome plus, baterica hse, MR aqua cr rings, ehiem sub. and within the tank gravel is aquaclay...

What is the root cause and hoe to bring it dwn the PH to 6.8 ???

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    how are you measuring your pH? perhaps the instrument is inaccurate or not calibrated.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    using ph meter and use PH test kit..around that PH...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    What's the ph level of your tap water?
    Tanks size, amount of co2 injection? bps, how long?
    How long tank has been set up? Amount of fishes?
    - eric

Feedback Score
    Country
    Indonesia
    Check your water hardness, it might change. Even though whole Singapore is supplied by the same tap water, different day can mean different quality.
    Just imagine of water treatment center doing some maintenance or if they happen to mix different source of water (eg: from reservoirs+malaysian pipes), surely your water will be affected as well.
    This also goes the same for chlorine and chloramine content, so be careful when you do WC.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by coolbucks View Post
    Hi All,

I need some assistant.. my current tank PH is at 7.75 and I tried to buffer it with co2 to buffer it dwn but afterwhich switch off the co2, the PH level return back to 7.75 again... Previously, add in old medias from planted tank and chiclid tank...

I did not add in any coral chips at all..

Currently,medias below ;

Biohome plus, baterica hse, MR aqua cr rings, ehiem sub. and within the tank gravel is aquaclay...

What is the root cause and hoe to bring it dwn the PH to 6.8 ???
    What is the purpose of bringing down the pH in the first place? If it's just for inducing breeding for a certain species of fish and etc, you can use peat and not CO2. CO2 is a nutrient for a plant and it's sole purpose is for fertilization and not pH buffering.

Regards
    Peter Gwee
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by bossteck View Post
    What's the ph level of your tap water?
    Tanks size, amount of co2 injection? bps, how long?
    How long tank has been set up? Amount of fishes?
    I did not tested the PH for my tap water side..

tank size is 5.5 ft by 2 ft by 2.5 ft... Set up for 2 week.. NH = 0, NO2 = 0 and NO3 = less than 5 ppm... Amount of fishes, 6 discus, 20 barbs, 15 tetras,6 running nose...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by medicineman View Post
    Check your water hardness, it might change. Even though whole Singapore is supplied by the same tap water, different day can mean different quality.
    Just imagine of water treatment center doing some maintenance or if they happen to mix different source of water (eg: from reservoirs+malaysian pipes), surely your water will be affected as well.
    This also goes the same for chlorine and chloramine content, so be careful when you do WC.
    bro, my KH at 2 only.. tank running for 2 weeks only..

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterGwee View Post
    What is the purpose of bringing down the pH in the first place? If it's just for inducing breeding for a certain species of fish and etc, you can use peat and not CO2. CO2 is a nutrient for a plant and it's sole purpose is for fertilization and not pH buffering.

Regards
    Peter Gwee
    Hi bro peter Gwee,

I intend to bring it down to PH 6.8 to 7.. As to my understanding, once when the co2 in action to supply to plants for photosynsis.. I need to bring it dwn to at least PH 6.6 with KH 4 to obtain the correct co2 ppm...

Now, with this current PH at 7.6 now.. i dare not increase the KH yet to 4.. using peat, will cause water to turn brownish if I am not wrong... I dun want the water to turn browish... is there another way to bring it dwn and not affecting the colour of the water ??? Can share with me your experience..???

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks for all expert here sharing the information's with me...