Images
    Country
    Singapore

Dennerle internal CO2 reactor

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, I'm getting a used reactor from a friend of mine, who's giving up the hobby. The reactor is to be connected to the output of my canister filter. I would like to seek for opinions from fellow forumers on the best position to put the reactor in the tank & also the water flow coming out from the reactor (I don't have the user manual). Do I set the water flow to the max for max CO2? Thanks.
    Cheers,
    U.K.Lau

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    you should have maximum flowrate through the reactor.
    this should allow better diffusion of co2.
    control the co2 concentration by controlling the co2 bubbling rate.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for sharing, Thomas. Assuming that the CO2 diffusion is at max, am I right to say that I can locate the reactor anywhere (top, middle or bottom) in the tank, as long as the water circulation throughout the tank is good?
    Cheers,
    U.K.Lau

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    yes.
    however, it may be better to locate the reactor such that there is minimal surface agitation from the reactor outlet.
    thomas liew

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by tawauboy View Post
    yes.
    however, it may be better to locate the reactor such that there is minimal surface agitation from the reactor outlet.
    so meaning to say, keeping it near to the bottom of the tank would be fool proof ?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Just my opinion, if your flowrate from the cannister is rather high, you can't have it very near the bottom or too near to the substrate.
    The dissolved co2 is release from the outlet below the reactor and if the flowrate is too high, it might cause a depression on the substrate.
    I adjust the knob on the reactor such that 3/4 of the return from the cannister goes into the reactor and 1/4 to circulate the dissolved co2 around the tank.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks for your thoughts, fellow forumers. With these advices, I would be able to start using & fine tuning it to fit my tank.
    Cheers,
    U.K.Lau

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi bro & sis, I've been using the internal CO2 reactor for about a month now. It is connected to Eheim 2232 with 90% of the flow entering the reactor. After turning on the CO2 for about 6 hours, I'll get about an inch of CO2 gas on the top most part of the reactor.

Does this indicate that the CO2 is not being dissolved 100% (or max)? I don't think I've reach 30PPM of CO2 as I'm still having BBA here & there & none of my fishes are gasping for air. Please assist. Thanks
    Cheers,
    U.K.Lau

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The gas is trapped in the upper portion of the Dennerle Cyclo 500/5000 internal CO2 reactor when it's not dissolved. The continued water flow after the CO2 supply is cut will try to help with the dissolve rate. There is also a escape valve at the side to release gas (CO2 or air trapped from your filter) from the reactor. It's adjustable.

If you are looking for documentation, try the Dennerle official website.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    United Kingdom

Cool problems DENNERLE PROFI 2000 / Cyclo 500

hi can anybody help with setting up a cyclo 500.... i have it attached to the output of my Eheim 2215 external filter... with most of the flow heading back into the tank and a small part of the flow going it to the reactor...but after a while(approx 4-5 hours) my fish seem to be breathing faster than normal....

am i right in thinking that the cyclo 500 replaces the spray bar from the filter...

i have set the buble count to about 6 per min. as that is about the lowest i can get from the regulator....i have the DENNERLE PROF 2000 system

what should the bubble rate be...

i have a 300L tank