Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Is there such a thing as Super Delta for Betta splendens?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Is there such a thing as Super Delta for Betta splendens?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello, I was wondering, my friend has a Betta splendens, took a pic of it, posted it on another forum(arofanatics),and they said it was a super delta.Well, it looked to me like a half moon, but he says it's super delta.Whats the difference, and is there such a thing at all???

Oh, and by the way, I'm not such a great fan of Betta splendens.Something about them makes me dislike them a little.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    To be honest, your friend can call it whatever he wants, there's just no definition for man made variants and breeds. And genetically, there's no difference between them either.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes, I've heard of super-delta in the fancy betta circle. More often than not, it's a so-called half-moon that others feel that the caudal spread is not enough for it to be considered a half-moon, thus the term super-delta.
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    For halfmoon, the caudal spread will have to be 180, nothing more, nothing less.
    Anything more than 180 is known as over halfmoon, OHM and anything lesser than 180 is known as super delta or delta, SD.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenimo View Post
    Hello, I was wondering, my friend has a Betta splendens, took a pic of it, posted it on another forum(arofanatics),and they said it was a super delta.Well, it looked to me like a half moon, but he says it's super delta.Whats the difference, and is there such a thing at all???

Oh, and by the way, I'm not such a great fan of Betta splendens.Something about them makes me dislike them a little.

I did not called it a super delta (SD)...The people at arofantics said it....I agree wad XnSdVd said...They can just call anything the want....There was this website that says that they use the names to show how long are their fins....

PSarren didnt i told you about the tail types???Trying to gain post ah???
    Last edited by Justikanz; 13th Dec 2006 at 11:43.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    United_States
    There is SD"S delta's and halfmoons over half moons, all these are differnt in one forum or another. If you buy a overhalfmoon or halfmoon { OHM/HM } with in 3 to 4 months t your HM or OHM will be classified as a Super Delta. no if and are buts about it. They can only keep the Hm finage for a short period of time. All depends on how much your betta flares to keep his tail in shape and if he loses flare. He will no longer be a HM he'll simple be a Super delta. i keep Hms and Super Deltas. You can buy SDs and bred them and get Hm and OHms out of the fry. But why spend the high price for a Hm when in 3 to 4 months you'll have a SD.
    I myself find the PKs to be the perrtest of the bettas anyway. PK is Plakats. Now if you buy a HMPK {Half Moon plakat} it'll always be a HMPk they don't lost there tail span. i house and bred HMs,PKs,HMPK,SDs,VTs,CTs, and have over 400 fry of Pk and CTs { crown tail} now.

try this site for all info on bettas http://ultimatebettas.com/index.php? it's a great site and "If some of the betta splenders on this site don't change your mind on betta splender then there's something wrong." Some of the top betta breders in the world or on this site and the #1 breder in Asia {crackerbettas} is a good friend and I can show you some of the prettiest bettas you'll ever want or see.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi ApistoRanch, I haven't sign up at ultimatebettas but checking out the home page I see a slight "flaw". Could you be so kind as to inform the forum owner, that under "wilds" where he said "For discussion of all wild strains of betta...such as falx, simplex, foerschi, mahachai, smaragdina, pugnax, imbellis, etc…", that all these (with the exception of mahachai) are distinct species and not strains. Strains refer to isolated (including human intervention) population of a species, usually to preserve a particular trait. Species are completely distinct fishes that will not interbreed (well, usually).
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenimo View Post

Hi there, I belive the answer to your question can be found comprehensively at www.attisonbetta.com. It's under the "True Halfmoon" link.

All the best!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    It all depends whether you want to follow the standard set by International Betta Congress (www.ibcbettas.org) or just simply call it. Reputable sellers name the finnage and colours based on IBC's guidelines while many LFSs use their own terminologies.

A HM is nothing less or more than 180 degrees caudal fin spread with straight edge