Thread: 20k BLV metal halide bulb review

Feedback Score

20k BLV metal halide bulb review

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Guys,

Been running this for about 3 weeks now. Very happy with the colour as I'm running a Dupla electra 150W system with no provision for blue PLC bulb supplementation. The greens really glow now man.

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Been running this for about 3 weeks now. Very happy with the colour as I'm running a Dupla electra 150W system with no provision for blue PLC bulb supplementation. The greens really glow now man.
    ----------------
    20K.. a bit on the bluish spectrum already.. keep us posted on the outcome, calvin[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

cal where u buy from n how much?
    Acroporids and Tridacnids

Feedback Score
    Country
    Oman
    Why u need such blue light light. I thou 6500K for Metal halide more than enuff?

65k is very yellow. corals dun look very nice under 65k.plus ppl using mh for open top tanks hv to use fl acts to give a blue tint, but fls spoilts the open top design. so using 20k the tank looks nice n blue.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Oman
    Hi Spiff,

Wta u mean is the cosmetic effect but 6500k do the job rite?

yup...but i hated the 65k colour

calv....do they hv it in 250w? thinking of upgrading soon... i olso sian of using acts

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    wah cau.. spiff, your electrical consumption is getting higher leh.. your parents wun scold arh???
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Where is this lobang for the 20K blub? Care to share

Feedback Score
    Bought my bulb from Marine life at Hong Leong. $185. Can try Ocean planet also, they might be able to do it cheaper, but got no ready stock. I understand this bulb also available for 250W.

But brightness and intensity wise, cannot match the BLV 10k bulb I was using. However, cosmetic effects wise, it is really stunning. Makes the greens really stand out. I took some pics but too bad I dunno how to post them.

Feedback Score
    Hope this reading can help u post pix.
    AQ link
    It is also under Ideal BB Code Overview which is shown when posting replies.

Feedback Score
    Guys, where is ocean planet?

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 8/11/2002 10:15:55 AM

Guys, where is ocean planet?
    ----------------
    Ocean planet is at Oxford Rd. Can't remember the exact address, but it's opposite a condo by the name of Kentish court if I'm correct.

Feedback Score
    Hi Cal,
    Any picture? If u cant or dont know how, i'll help. U PM me for details or send me the pix n will post for u. how?

Feedback Score
    Helping Calvin post.
    PIX 1
    PIX 2
    PIX 3
    PIX 4

will let Calvin do the description.

damn...........1st time i c a lps tank! very nice setup..but i think the 20k too blue liaoz. i think maybe it looks bluer in the pic then wif own eyes.

ur dsb looks nice n thick to me....n corals dun seems to b affected by the high nitrates though

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    nice tank.. full of hard corals.. keep it up.. []

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 8/14/2002 4:43:05 PM

damn...........1st time i c a lps tank! very nice setup..but i think the 20k too blue liaoz. i think maybe it looks bluer in the pic then wif own eyes.

ur dsb looks nice n thick to me....n corals dun seems to b affected by the high nitrates though
    ----------------
    thought lps is quite the norm? agree that 20k is quite blue, but the colour of corals really glow......

my dsb is only 3" thick in the front, 5" at the back. dunno why n03 still so high, but corals seem to be doing ok still.....i'm puzzled as well.

seldom find a tank tt is dominated by lps...