Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Which liquid fert?

Feedback Score

Which liquid fert?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, I think sometime next week, I'm gonna have to start adding some liquid fert.

Still trying to figure out which brand and why. Spoke to Chan today and he says if I don't have demanding plants then go for the UP brand (Taiwan), a big bottle is only like 15 bucks. Compared to the German ones like Dennerle, JBL, Bioplast, TMG etc which are many times more expensive.

So guys, which ones do you recommend?

eggz

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    if pricing is important......JBL.....
    [email protected]
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The title below my name does not make me a guru...listen at your own risk!...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    it doesn't make much of a difference imo
    they're all pretty much the same thing, except maybe different composition
    in the end, it's the maintenance and water changes, types of plants, bioload etc that determine a successful tank
    so you might as well give UP a whirl and see if it works for you
    tetra florapride isn't much more expensive than that either
    bioplast has 3 types, 10+++ per bottle of 250ml iirc, not shabby either
    for real economy go for the 5l tubs they sell

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Personally, I like to know what's going into my tank. I can't remember correctly, but I think I used to use UP brand and it does not have the ingredients listed.

It's easier when you have fertiliser related problems (like algae, nutrient deficiency) and want to figure out what is missing or in excess. Also prefer the 'branded' fertilisers, cos most of the manufacturers have done pretty good studies and experiments to balance out their product range.

Just my 2 cents...
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I seen these "Potassium, Magnesium, Iron Fertiliser" things from http://www.nature-aquarium.com/order.htl.
    although this is no liquid fert, is this any good?
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    i use DR Mallick liquid fertilizer. 1 day 1-2 drop. Excellent results think under $10 for a 0.5 Liter solution 0.5l = life time supply.

what other stuff u can get from him

pottasium nitrate
    pottasium sulphate
    Calcium nitrate ( think i saw a bottle b4 )
    LushGro for Aquatic Plants.
    magnesium sulphate
    edta iron
    trace element mix

Block 462A #01-K1
    Crawford Lane
    Singapore - 190462
    Shop Tel: 294-6578

Regards
    Alex

HI

I also use the UP brand recomended by Chan. He also using it. It has been doing well for my 2ft tank. He recomends having base fertilizer and liquid fertilizer as a weekly dosing only.

Ny tank dont have algae problem, under control by my Oto. Juz for ur info I dont have base fertilizer but only weekly dosing of liquid fertilizer and CO2 constant supply and my sinking ricca and nana growing very well. Harvested once already and pass it to Chan.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yes, nana and riccia are water column feeders
    base fert doesn't affect them much
    the plants that really love base fert include cryptocorynes and echinodorus spp.
    they can be grown without, yes, but if you have enough base fert they're very easy going

After going to C328, I think I am going to opt for Dr. Mallick's fertiliser. Tetra Flouropride is $12.50 for 250ml, I'd finish that bottle in a month! Much too expensive.

DotDot, do you depend on that fert alone? Or do you add anything else? I think I'll go check it out and add potassium sulphate to my collection.

Anyone else using Dr. Mallick and like it?
    Visit Spilopterus' Tank
    Fish of Fury

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    dennerele is the best i have used
    Regards
    William

Feedback Score
    DotDot, do you depend on that fert alone? Or do you add anything else? I think I'll go check it out and add potassium sulphate to my collection.
    ==========================================

Hiya =) my tank consist of riccia, java moss , xmas moss and a few potted red and green lotus. so no need for base fert. as for the potted red lotus i am currently using 1 jbl 7 ball + 1 ball of Laterite + 1 ball of horti potted plant tab. The horti plant tab really maked the red rotus bloom. one new shoot every 3 day. so i strongly recommand as an addition to ur base fert.
    apart from dr mallick fert i occasionaly add a pinch of potassium sulphate and magnesium sulphate ( can be purchased at Guardian pharmarcy as epson salt ) and about 3 drop of corallife iron supplement every week.so far so good. no algae no deficiency.
    i think potassium can be added to the tank without causing algae bloom. If you want i can spare you maybe 30ml of dr mallick fert to test test shd be enough for about 2-3 mth. =)) but must self collect at marine parade or pasir ris lah..must wait for me to book out (#@$$!!!! damm it )

just me 2 Cts =))

Regards
    Alex[] [] [] []

Feedback Score
    DUh.. forgotten
    when you buy dr mallick liquid fert it also comes with a breakdown of the chemical content inside. might be useful for you to fertilise selectively. i add potassium nitrate the moment the level drops below 10ppm =)

Regards
    Alex

Thanks for the offer, but its ok, I think i'll get the whole thing, no harm since its so much. Just reduce the dosage if ever necessary. Perhaps pump on the K, it seems like K is the thing that when overdosed will put everything right, assuming the rest are also fine lah.
    Visit Spilopterus' Tank
    Fish of Fury

Feedback Score
    [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []

Alex