Thread: Searching for answers to proper lights

Feedback Score

Searching for answers to proper lights

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Helllo

I need to find a good light system that is only 1 feet in length.
    I have search high and low but couldn't find one that has a 50/50; meaning a 12000K plus and actinic.

I wonder if I ever find one? Maybe a DIY is available somewhere?

Thanks....

Feedback Score
    Go to Nature,Thomsom.

Feedback Score
    Thomson where? can't find in LFS link. In fact, the LFS List link in this web site doesn't work... or is there something wrong with my browser???

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Nature Aquarium is along thomson road towards Novena.. and it is opposite Thomsom medical centre.. for 1ft lights with those requirements.. a bit difficult.. somemore with actinic.. most prob have to DIY...
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Oman
    I have a one feet PL. Boought ($39) it for 1 feet set up and have since upgraded. No use now. Comes with a 17 000K PL which I only used for 2 weeks (4 hours a day). Still new. If u want I can sell it to u. U may need to change the PL to 50/50 which is avaiable at Petmart serangoon. Interested?

Feedback Score
    Anybody can tell me how to fix PL lights... wad are the fixtures i need... i want to DIY myself a lighting system and a hood. I only know how to fix a FL system but dunnoe how to fix a PL system. Issit more expensive to setup a PL system????

recomendations???

Feedback Score
    Hi Tigger

I have emailed you.... abt the light system. Yes, I'm interested.

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 8/6/2002 10:07:22 AM

Anybody can tell me how to fix PL lights... wad are the fixtures i need... i want to DIY myself a lighting system and a hood. I only know how to fix a FL system but dunnoe how to fix a PL system. Issit more expensive to setup a PL system????

recomendations???
    ----------------
    Imagine a FL tube that has the light tube bend to have both end side by side, there u have a PL light tube. PL tube 6500K abt $9 each, avantage of PL is u can have 36watts concentrated on 17 inch length instead of over 48 inch length as in the case of FL tube. If u DIY suggest u get e-ballast v.easy to wire-up.

Feedback Score
    U mean the wiring for the PL is the same as FL??? and i can use the same equipment i use for FL in a PL????

Feedback Score
    Question: I am using some form of Philips FL that has only 2 pins.
    All the e-ballast I saw had 4 pins type of connections. How are they connected?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Yes u can use same starter n ballast(as long as rating is correct) for PL n FL, but PL has to be four(4) pin type. Those 2-pin type PL lights already have starter built-in, thus u only need ballast for these types of PL lights. But i do not know if e-ballast can work with 2-pin type PL.

HTH

Feedback Score
    Good info on what is the optimum lighting requirement.

http://community-2.webtv.net/deflizard/doc/page8.html

Feedback Score
    Thanks, the web site really helps.
    but.... where could I get a small (1 ft) light system for a pico-tank that is able to accomodate 2 PL? Seems quite hard....

Thanks anyway...

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    liverock.. 1ft lights system to house 2PL.. is a bit difficult.. but i recalled seeing something like that in Rainbow.. but can't recall whether is it PL or FL.. u might want to take a gamble here..[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.