Feedback Score
    Country
    Oman

Clams prices

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    How much does HongLeong sells their clams? Anyone can give me a guideline? Saw a few clams selling for $20 at Sembawang Marine LFS very tempted to buy!

Feedback Score
    Hello... may I know here is this Sembawang LFS? thks

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I think the price range from 20 to 50 depending on the grade. If it is damn beautiful and limited stock, it will not be surprise to see the proce at a very high end. But still got people want to buy.....they are just basically spoil the market. In other words, only rich *** will buy it. Actually, marine lover can control the price to make everyone afford to enjoy this great hobbies but life is not so simple. People are selfish and only think of themselves. I always got this thinking that as long as I earn a bit, I will make everyone happy.

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    but in the end.. i really hope that ppl can keep it alive coz such clams are getting rarer and it is very sad to know that ppl who can't keep them alive are buying them and trying to keep them inside their aquarium.. i hope that ppl will know abt their requirements first b4 buying them..
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Oman
    Any advise on the requirement? Pls advise

for cheap $20 ones......they do ok under pcs.
    for the $50 ones...they need mh.if not they will lose their nice bright patterns n turn brown.
    these clams r called crocea clams

squasmosas(those brown giant clams) r ard $25++++
    they r less demanding for light n do well under pcs too.

temp must be below 28 n CALCIUM MUST BE 400+PPM! clams dun do well under fls

i have 2 $50 croceas n a squasmosa,their colours have brighten up under mh....IMO $50 is ok. if the colour n patterns r nice. clams r so ex cos of their grade.$50 r high grade.therefore cost more.
    the clams here r so much cheaper then US...so we shld not complain.
    Acroporids and Tridacnids

here r my croceas.taken 7mths ago.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Oman
    Oieee, U make me jealous ok[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Oman
    Why u let yr clam "stand" instead make it lay flat on its side? Personal preference hor?

huh???those pics r top view

Haha, tot clams usually "stand" like that in nature - allows mantle to open more fully and get more light mah. Or at least, that's what I think. [] The price is rather justified - clams (esp the colourful ones like T.maxima) aren't found frequently in native waters, and even then they would have to require divers to go deeper to retrieve them. It's more of a case of natural demand-and-supply causing the price hike, rather than the the supposed artificial inflation of prices that clownfish seems to be pointing at. We will also need to allow more room to allow vendors to make at least some profit to survive -the marine market in Singapore is simply not big enough, and if we were to "pakak" and force prices down, they'll go out of business, and we'll go out of the hobby. (or go diving for corals, consequently [] )

The bottom line is what kel said - keep them well. A $50 clam displayed to its max beats buying 10 different $5 clams.

Regards,
    Hong Yee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    is clam naturally found in deep sea ? If yes, why do we need MH to keep them flourish ? Thought deep sea got less light penetration.....

Yes, we need to mark up xx% of the price for profit earning and to let the shop running. Basically, demand and supply will balance the market well. But if knowing the rich ***'s weakness, i.e. no matter what price it is, they will still purchase, will give a great chance for day light robbery to happen. Unless, someone is also a rich *** by nature. ha ha. whatever....

only the giant clams r found on the sand bed. other deep sea clams tt do not photosynthesis r not available here........maximas n croceas r found in the shallow reefs

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    err.. can everybody see the pics?? i cannot leh..
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Right on Spiff!

I juz came back from a snorkelling trip from tioman...mine! There were so many croceas and Maximas...basking in the shallow reefs (not more than 2m in depth)....when given sunlight....their mantles really expand to the max! cool...and totally beautiful. And urmm..I do agree with u on paying higher prices for better quality ones....Juz like buying durians rite?

And right on Kelstorm....I cun see the pics either

strange......i still c them

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    You can see it because is 7th month now..... those fish that you mis handle are released from hell gate to haunt you....ha ha...[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    clownfish.. dun scare small boy leh.. hahaha.. []