Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Woah, i guess i'm late eh? Oh well here goes.

My name's rashid or jianyang. Well my dad's chinese mom's malay so it explains the dual names. i'm 21 and currently serving NS in the Army . i've been keeping fish since i was in primary school. started out with a 2ft community tank and every fish i kept died. i remembered once i spilled some liquid paper and the whole tank went byebye . i'm a far cry from that now. currently owns the following tanks and their inhabitants.

1) a planted 3 ft tank
    fish - 6 corydoras pygmaeus,2 apistogramma sp. "Blaukopf", 1 rummynose tetra, 1 female burmese badis, 1 rocket pencilfish.
    plants - java fern, java moss, anubias nana, cryptocoryne beckettii, cryptocoryne retrospiralis, cryptocoryne wendtii "Tall Green", nymphaea zenkeri "Green", nymphaea lotus, nymphaea rubra, bolbitis heudelottii, echinodorus cordifolius, echinodorus bleheri.

This particular tank just recovered from the effects of a bacterial infection. the fishes listed are the survivors from an original 30 fishes from 12 species.

2) a mini-community 1.3ft tank
    Fish - badis sp. "scarlet", dicrossus filamentosus, beckford's pencilfish, parosphronemus filamentosus.
    Plants - java fern, java moss, anubias nana

3) a predatory community 1.5ft tank
    fish - channa orientalis, ctenopoma acutirostre, dawn/paraguay tetras, crossocheilus spp.

4) coming soon - 6 1 to 1.5 ft tanks. hehehe, redecorating my room to house the tanks. planning to set up a breeding colony of apistos and corydoras

4) assorted small plastic tanks - temporary holding tanks

ah yes, and apart from fishes my passions are in military and ancient history, model kit assembly, dipnetting (damn rare nowadays), spending time with my gf who happens to be a fishnut too

Coming soon - 6 1 to 1.5 ft tanks. hehehe, redecorating my room to house the tanks. planning to set up a breeding colony of apistos and corydoras. gonna get me wooden racks from IKEA. i'm going to obtain corydoras pygmaeus, apistogramma cacatuoides, apistogramma trifasciata for breeding purposes. heh heh heh, maybe abit overkill, later my house turn into a fish shop oh well anything for my fish!

regards,
    Last edited by benny; 23rd Dec 2006 at 12:09. Reason: fix quotations marks
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.