Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Flow rate for Daeil 1/4 HP chiller

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Im using Eheim2028 canister for Daeil 1/4hp. Flow rate for 2028 is 1050l/h (approx 600-800l/h with filter media). I set my temp at 26c. My chiller took ard 40-50min to cool down frm 26.4c to 25.6c. Is it normal? Or i need power head for my chiller if i want to reduce kick in time? If yes,what the best flow rate? My tank 4x2x2. Lighting 4 x 54w T5 tubes. Thanks for help.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I can't find the Daeil website, but I found the JBJ Artica Chiller Manual online at http://www.jbjlighting.com/pdfs/DBE-200_manual.pdf and the specs summary for the range at http://www.jbjlighting.com/prod_chiller_pg.html.

The JBJ Artica series is physically the same as the Daeils. I never confirmed which it is, but either both come from the same OEM or Daeil is the OEM.

According to those, the required flow rate is 480 GPH or 8GPM. That works out to around 1800l/h.

The lower you try to go, the longer the chiller has to work to get there. What I mean is it takes less energy and time for the chiller to drop 28 t0 27 celcius, but a lot more to drop from 26 to 25. The graph is not linear.

I'm not sure how long it took mine to hit 25.6 degrees celcius because I set my thermostat to for 27 celcius. Frankly, you do not need to achieve 25 celcius for the plants. As long as you maintain a temperature below 28 celcius, your plants should do fine. Go too low, the electrical usage and the heat it generates in the house is just not worth it. In my opinion, that is.

All said, I still feel you should address the water flow requirement of your chiller.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks bro vins.mybe i set my temp at 27c.or i get power head.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Set at 27 celcius. And you still need to address the issue of insufficient flowrate. It'll affect the operation and long term life of the chiller.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.