Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Redoing my sump- help needed

Feedback Score

Redoing my sump- help needed

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Guys, since my tank's nitrate level is still hovering at about 80ppm after a year despite me having a so-called DSB with no.1 sand which doesn't seem to work, I'm going to redo my sump to accomodate another DSB.

Any lobang to do a sump with good design to accomodate a 5" DSB? I also intend to make this sump a refugium by adding calupera.

For the DSB, anyone knows where to get the sugar-grain sized Oolithic aragonite sand? Or will the $40 Seachem one that one can get from Aquamart do?

calvin. jus use a normal cheap tank from lfs. then u jus parition it urself using acrylic.
    ur system quite old liao wat...y still got no3 prob?
    Acroporids and Tridacnids

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    high bioload prob perhaps?? hahaha.. []
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 8/11/2002 5:11:00 PM

calvin. jus use a normal cheap tank from lfs. then u jus parition it urself using acrylic.
    ----------------
    Was thinking about using a normal 2' tank, but space under my sump is limited due to chiller taking up space. System is one year old liao, but still got no3 problem......dsb doesn't seem to be working very well cos my supposedly no.1 sand does not seem to be that small grained. can't see the gas pockets. But surprisingly, despite the high n03, my corals seem to be doing ok.
    ----------------
    On 8/11/2002 5:11:00 PM

----------------
    Was thinking about using a normal 2' tank, but space under my sump is limited due to chiller taking up space. System is one year old liao, but still got no3 problem......dsb doesn't seem to be working very well cos my supposedly no.1 sand does not seem to be that small grained. can't see the gas pockets. But surprisingly, despite the high n03, my corals seem to be doing ok.

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 8/11/2002 5:20:33 PM

high bioload prob perhaps?? hahaha.. []
    ----------------
    Bio load ok leh. only got 4 fish in 270 litres. but many corals.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I got 9 fishes in my 30 inches tank and my no3 is about 20 ppm. Oh ya, not forgetting, I have others living things beside that 9 fishes...like the shrimp, starfish and corals. But I changed 15% of the water weekly. Take me about 30 mins to do it. The only painful things here is the MONEY to buy more salt since i used the salt weekly. Furthermore, I used tropic marine salt...$$$$

Anyway, since this is my hobby, is worth taking care of them weekly. Perhaps, when I upgrade to 48x24x24 with 34 inces sump, the no3 will be able to achieve nil.

Kel, I 'm still busy recently, will mail you the design after I have add in the dimension. []

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    will do... clownfish..

calvin,
    how much space do u have?? if possible.. just customise one sump lor.. []
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 8/11/2002 10:51:18 PM

will do... clownfish..

calvin,
    how much space do u have?? if possible.. just customise one sump lor.. []
    ----------------
    Space wise, talking about 60 cm length by 32 cm width.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    that is enuff lah..the std 2ft tank is abt 60x30x30.. no prob..

Feedback Score
    ----------------
    On 8/11/2002 11:29:29 PM

that is enuff lah..the std 2ft tank is abt 60x30x30.. no prob..
    ----------------
    Problem is I need it to be higher than 30 cm height......need about 40 cm height, but not too high that I cannot access the stuff in the sump tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Problem is I need it to be higher than 30 cm height......need about 40 cm height, but not too high that I cannot access the stuff in the sump tank.
    ----------------
    customise lor..it should be pretty easy nowsdays.. with all the LH shops doing up customised tanks.. talk to them lor.. should be able to get it at less than $50 i think..[]