Images
    Country
    England

Lionfish. Change of plan..

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Guys, the plan was to get a dwarf lion, a dragon wrasse, a pink tip anenome (with upgrade in lighting) and a clownfish of some sort.
    Today i was informed that lionfish do not like lots of light, and that if they are in a tank with lots of light this can effect them..
    So, it looks like the pink tip anenome is a definate no-no.
    I am also going to pass on the Dragon Wrasse. Although i knew they moved the sand, i did not know they moved rocks! My lfs has them, and made the mistake in putting lots and lots of rock with them...next day all the rocks fallen..
    I plan on having a large scooter blenny (reccomended by Kelvin, thanks!) as the bottom feeder.
    Anyhoo, Right now the plan is to have a Dwarf Lion and a large scooter blenny in a 30g tank, 5" deep sand bed (live sand) with no live rock (too ex).
    My lfs has just recieved 60 or so "Fire Clownfish", their sci. name is Amphiprion ephippium and they are extremely nice. Would a pair of the Fire Clownfish go with the lion and blenny? Also, do they NEED an anenome to host on? As the tank will not have strong lighting, an anenome is out of the question..
    Just like to say a big thank you to kelvin for putting up with all my questions, but people have said "read and get as much information from others as possible before buying anything marine", just what im doing!![]
    Thanks again to everyone,
    James
    Currently keeping many wild betta species and other anabantoids.

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    for a moment, i thought that u gonna change your choices of fishes again.. hahaha

Today i was informed that lionfish do not like lots of light, and that if they are in a tank with lots of light this can effect them..
    oops.. forgot to inform u that.. sorry.. hehehe

I plan on having a large scooter blenny (reccomended by Kelvin, thanks!) as the bottom feeder.
    bottom feeder.. hahaha.. this is not corydoras lah... hahaha..must start to change your mindset... hehehe

Fire Clownfish", their sci. name is Amphiprion ephippium and they are extremely nice.
    wow.. Amphiprion ephippium is known as red saddleback clownfish.. it is indeed very beautiful..

Would a pair of the Fire Clownfish go with the lion and blenny?
    a pair?? how much are those?? and how big are they?? my advice is to keep just one.. coz your tank is too small.. to keep a pair.. go for a small pair and let them pair off by themselves..but then again.. small ones are a no-no.. coz of your lionfish.. it will go well with your blenny..however, if there is a established pair.. grab them.. they are hard to come by...

Also, do they NEED an anenome to host on?
    NOPE.. ppl love to see the symbolic relationship between both of them.. but they dun really need each other's company to survive.. in fact, the clownfish is the one benefiting from the relationship..due to the protection that it gets.. so.. no need.. but if u want.. the anemone to get is Entacmaea quadicolor aka bubble tip anemone..

Just like to say a big thank you to kelvin for putting up with all my questions
    u are welcome.. i'm glad that i can help and share with u my knowledge and experience...[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    Kelvin, had a chance to get a breeding pair today for £20 but no money on me[]
    Kelvin, they are not too expensive..affordable..not sure on exact price for one..didnt ask..
    Cannot get bubble tip anenome because lionfish dosnt like strong lighting..
    So would one of these be ok with my lion? Would be the same size as the lion..abt 2.5 inches or so..maybe 3 inches..
    Yeah, bottom feeders..me thinking abt corys and plecos still..haha..
    Really would like one of these clowns..i think they are gorgeous..
    Do i get the blenny first, the clownfish first, or the lionfish first?
    Also, would hairy red leg hermits and turbo snails go with the above fish? Originally planned to get them..maybe if i get lots of hermits i skip the blenny...
    Thanks kelvin my friend..
    James[]
    Currently keeping many wild betta species and other anabantoids.