Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Fish List..

Fish List..

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hey folks, here is my list of fish for my tank.. Tell me what you think..

3 Green Chromis
    2 Bangaii Cardinalfish (male/female)
    1 Purple Firefish

It's a 46gal bowfront.. This list doesn't include "critters", but I will be adding some blue leg hermits, cleaner shrimp and what not..

Would like some other crabs, but I want my list to stay reef safe for anything that I add in the future.. Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance!!
    I''m going crazy, but that''s okay.. They know me there..

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    3 Green Chromis
    2 Bangaii Cardinalfish (male/female)
    1 Purple Firefish

It's a 46gal bowfront.. This list doesn't include "critters", but I will be adding some blue leg hermits, cleaner shrimp and what not..

[b]i dun recommend the cardinalfish with shrimps.. their basic diet.. and they will try to fit anything into their mouths.. and they dun feed on pellet food.. either live or frozen.. if possible.. get a group of firefish... and u see that they will come out of their shyness.. pls take note of the purple firefish.. coz some of them are caught using cynide.. and dun last long.. and firefishes are great jumpers when stressed or bullied...
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

The cleaner shrimp that I was planning on getting are quite large, larger than the bangaiis for that matter.. They would still be in danger of being eaten by the bangaiis?? You are the first person that I've talked to that has said that they would prey on them, and I'm just curious..

The live and frozen food isn't going to be a problem.. All of my fish have always recieved both, along with flake foods.. The bangaiis are the reason that I'm getting saltwater, so they are a must in the tank [] If need be, I'll omit the shrimp..

Thanks for your help!!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    oleta, my 2 cents...the 3 chromis won't give u full potential of the species, go for 5,6 or 8 & u will get a nice school.(just like tetras)
    In the wild they school in the thousands- i only got 5 but i think looks natural wif 10 or 12.They are one of the cheapest marine fishes,very hardy(they can tolerate very high nitrate levels & flunctuations in temp & salinity from my experience)& they eat almost anything small enough for their mouths- crumble some flake to supplement frozen foods.

wat kelstorm said was true, not now but once the baggai get bigger they will try to fit the shrimp into their mouths.u know when they constantly open their mouth next to the shrimp to gauge swallowing size.
    Yep,The firefish also like schooling(although no need to get so many,3-4 would be nice)- there's safety in numbers & u get much better behaviour patterns from this.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    oleta,
    i dun know abt the price of shrimps in your country.. but in SG, even though a cleaner shrimp may be S$8-12, it is still an expensive snack for the cardinals.. since u like them.. i recommend that u get 2 more pieces.. yes.. i kept them b4 and they are beautiful.. []
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Hey Folks! I kinda revised my fish list:

3 green chromis
    2 bangaii cardinalfish
    1 orchid or strawberry pseudochromis
    1 orange stripe prawn goby

Anything wrong with the list?? I haven't researched this list quite as extensively as the prior one, but I hope that they can all get along.. I'd also like a red scooter blenny, but I'm not sure about all the bottom feeders..

Bawater, I know what you mean about the chromis.. I have three right now and they are so much fun to watch.. I'd like to maybe add 2 more at a later date, once the cycle is finished..

Thanks!!

get 2 bangais instead..if u get 3...2 will pair up n kill the 3rd.[]
    Acroporids and Tridacnids

?? I was only planning on getting 2 bangaiis.. I'm not sure what you mean, Spiff..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    3 green chromis
    2 bangaii cardinalfish
    1 orchid or strawberry pseudochromis
    1 orange stripe prawn goby

oleta, the list is fine.. no worries.. they can get along just fine...

Thanks!! Hopefully I won't change my mind any more before now and the time to put the fish in []