Images
    Country
    Singapore

Hi from Lim Chong Yu

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys it has been almost a year since i joined AQ and i've yet to introduce myself. I'm 20 this year and a nsf. I live in yishun and my camp is in changi.

I currently own 2 X 2ft tanks. Fishes i keep include angelfishes, apistos, cories, sturisomas and some bristlenoses.

The only cichlid i've ever managed to breed was a pair of koi angelfish years ago. Even then it was more by chance. I recently acquired 6 wild-form(but probably not wild caught) angelfishes, which look like those commonly labelled as "peruvian altums", and hope to one day breed them.

I'm also into apistos, but i'm a noobie and have so much more to learn.
    Therefore i hope that i can learn a lot more in this forum which has got me caught on apistos.

My favourite fish of all time would be rummynoses!

Chongyu

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hey which camp in Changi? Selarang?
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    You need a very much bigger tank for your angels and kitty.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy View Post
    hey which camp in Changi? Selarang?
    Yes selarang camp.

Quote Originally Posted by bryan View Post
    You need a very much bigger tank for your angels and kitty.
    Yup i know. Actually i've 2 X 3ft tanks in my house right now but they are currently occupied by my father's giant gouramies. The giant gouramies are really tankbusters and my father is getting tired of them. When the giant gouramies are gone then the angels and sturisoma will be rehoused.

For now the angels are still pretty small size, while the sturisomas are 2 and a half inch only(i got the smallest ones). Also sturisomas are in differnet tank from angels.
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    haha I served in Selarang from late 82 to mid 83, with 42 SAR. It was still the old WWII camp, very fun to live in.
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy View Post
    haha I served in Selarang from late 82 to mid 83, with 42 SAR. It was still the old WWII camp, very fun to live in.
    Hi selarang is now no longer home to SAR. I'm in 36SCE while most of it is taken up by 3SIR

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I know, they closed the unit at Selarang in late 83. But I thought it being used by logistics, didn't know 36SCE is there.

actually I was originally SCE, converted to armour engineer at 38SCE. I attended 3rd BENC at Gillman Barracks and also the other Crescendo Base at Ratchaburi.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    BTW I trained demolition under Encek Yee one (SAF RSM), wah piangz very very long ago.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey chong yu!

Better late than never! Welcome to AQ!!

Quote Originally Posted by limchongyu View Post
    Yup i know. Actually i've 2 X 3ft tanks in my house right now but they are currently occupied by my father's giant gouramies. The giant gouramies are really tankbusters and my father is getting tired of them. When the giant gouramies are gone then the angels and sturisoma will be rehoused.
    Obviously, your tanks are your tanks, your dad's tanks are his tanks. And you are eyeing his tanks!!!!!

So there's at least 4 tanks in the house?

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Actually i maintain all the tanks in my house but my father uses the 2 3ft tanks to keep giant gouramies because he thinks they are nice . The giant gouramies have become a real headache as they grew bigger. With all the water splashing even my mom is asking him to get rid of them, but obviously that is a huge problem. We are unwilling to dump them into any waterways since we bought them in the first place and shouldbe responsible till they die.

So now we are waiting for them to sort of expire. I know thats not right. Plus they might live up to 10 years or more in captivity. Haha.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Deep fried Giant gouramies with sweet and sour souce, hmm nice

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    The standard 3ft is still too small for a giant gourami. Better get rid of them soon before they do some serious damage. I knew of one in a 4ft. The family dog spooked the fish which in turn went full throttle into the tankwall and cracking it.

I know how you feel about responsibility to pets. There is a louhan still at my mum's which belonged to my dad.