Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Brine Shrimp or Daphnia

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi i just brought some live food from bedok north blk 85 shop. I cant tell whether it is brine shrimp or daphnia, how to differentiate ?

They are red in colour...very small...brought 50Cents ...a lot swimming, the fishes love it. also i just wonder can my cherry shrimp feed on them ?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    brine shrimp

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Daphnias are greyish in colour and are much smaller than brine shrimps, looks like a cloudy solution until you take a look closely.

Have tried feeding them to my cherries but my cherries doesn't seems to like them. Which particular shop did they purchase them from anyway?
    Mark

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    oh, i think it should be brine shrimp then....because they are very visible..like little something swimming...just that i really wonder how the cherry shrimp feed on them since the brine seems to swim faster then cherry shrimp...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by tormentz View Post
    Daphnias are greyish in colour and are much smaller than brine shrimps, looks like a cloudy solution until you take a look closely.

Have tried feeding them to my cherries but my cherries doesn't seems to like them. Which particular shop did they purchase them from anyway?
    I brought from the shop in the market at bedok north blk 85 area. I threw some into my cherry shrimp tank, did not see any cherry eating on the brine...kinda of worry that i put in too much and upset the eco of my tiny tank

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ranmasatome View Post
    brine shrimp

By the way, thanks for clearing my doubt ranmasatome San

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    skysky, is it from the standalone hut next to the coffee shop?

I find that the quantity of brine shrimps that they give can be improved! haha... But a plus point for that shop is that it opens till very late hours and even on sundays.
    Mark

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by tormentz View Post
    skysky, is it from the standalone hut next to the coffee shop?

I find that the quantity of brine shrimps that they give can be improved! haha... But a plus point for that shop is that it opens till very late hours and even on sundays.
    No, actually the shop is house within the market itself. The small shop is tended by a young man...very useful. He gave me a big packet of baby brine shrimp for a price of 50cents....i dont know how many thousands or million brine are in there. But my fishes didnt finish it , so i threw them away just now.

I know which is the standalone hut u refering to. But that shop sells adult brine shrimp. and more expensive also.

You can try this market store, very reasonable price. He sold me some young cherry shrimp 3 weeks ago at a price of $0.70/shrimp. So far only 2 out of 15 dies compare with those i brought from another shop ... all of them dies ( all adults cherry shrimp) within the same period of time. ( just for your info, this shop is also open on sunday and up to 9pm every night)

regards
    sky

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    For brine shrimp, try not to dump in thw whole bag. as they are saltwater invertebrates, in freshwater they will die and if fish dun eat them fast enough, they'll die, rot and foul your water.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    [QUOTE=skysky;239577]No, actually the shop is house within the market itself. The small shop is tended by a young man...very useful. He gave me a big packet of baby brine shrimp for a price of 50cents....i dont know how many thousands or million brine are in there. But my fishes didnt finish it , so i threw them away just now.

You can try this market store, very reasonable price. He sold me some young cherry shrimp 3 weeks ago at a price of $0.70/shrimp. So far only 2 out of 15 dies compare with those i brought from another shop ... all of them dies ( all adults cherry shrimp) within the same period of time. ( just for your info, this shop is also open on sunday and up to 9pm every night)

Hi Sky

I know this market store which you are refering to. Was at Blk 85 hawker centre last sunday to have supper , happen to discover it still open at night so went in to take a look. Pity that he only carry limited stock and could not buy the CO2 tablets which I want. I agreed his prices are very reasonable, probably due to his low overhead cost.

Cheers
    David Lim

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by David Lim View Post
    [Hi Sky

I know this market store which you are refering to. Was at Blk 85 hawker centre last sunday to have supper , happen to discover it still open at night so went in to take a look. Pity that he only carry limited stock and could not buy the CO2 tablets which I want. I agreed his prices are very reasonable, probably due to his low overhead cost.

Cheers
    Hi david , you are right. actually you can check with him whether he can bring it in for you. That is what i did for the shrimp. He preorder for me then sm me to pick it up when stock arrive. I heard him saying his uncle own a fish farm or something like that. maybe that is the reason why he can sell cheap. For example his fish tank is a lot cheaper then the other 2 shops at that same area.

regards
    sky

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by skysky View Post
    Hi david , you are right. actually you can check with him whether he can bring it in for you. That is what i did for the shrimp. He preorder for me then sm me to pick it up when stock arrive. I heard him saying his uncle own a fish farm or something like that. maybe that is the reason why he can sell cheap. For example his fish tank is a lot cheaper then the other 2 shops at that same area.

regards
    sky
    Totally agree with you. There is one shop which is situated behind the market...the prices are simply outrageous!
    David Lim

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

this shop is New G Aquarium

Hi all, this shop is New G Aquarium...very friendly chap.

Quote Originally Posted by skysky View Post
    No, actually the shop is house within the market itself. The small shop is tended by a young man...very useful. He gave me a big packet of baby brine shrimp for a price of 50cents....i dont know how many thousands or million brine are in there. But my fishes didnt finish it , so i threw them away just now.

I know which is the standalone hut u refering to. But that shop sells adult brine shrimp. and more expensive also.

regards
    sky