Kelvin!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Kelvin
    Went to a lfs today.
    Had some sort of lionfish in.
    very nice..red and white in colour. they called it a "antena" lionfish or something. Here is a pic of one:

Do you know anything abt this fish?
    If so, can i have this lionfish instead of the dwarf fuzzy lionfish? I think they are much more beautiful..
    Tks again,
    James
    Currently keeping many wild betta species and other anabantoids.

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    If so, can i have this lionfish instead of the dwarf fuzzy lionfish? I think they are much more beautiful..
    ----------------
    that is called pterois antennata.. aka spotfin lionfish.. i kept these b4.. and basically, they can grow up to 8" in size.. and have huge appetite.. swallowed my yellow wrasse in front of my face for breakfast.. and for your tank.. it can only have 2 max.. [] and to me.. they are more delicated when compared with the volitans..
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    England
    Kelvin, thanks for your reply.
    I was only intending in keeping 1 dwarf fuzzy lionfish and my snowflake eel...not a Voiltan. So it is ok if i keep the antenata lionfish instead of the dwarf fuzzy? that will mean that the fish in the tank will be
    1 snowflake eel
    1 antennata lionfish

is that ok?
    Also, how active are they? How big was the lionfish when it swallowed your wrasse? Bet you wasnt so happy about that, was you?!
    Tks again,
    James[]
    Currently keeping many wild betta species and other anabantoids.

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I was only intending in keeping 1 dwarf fuzzy lionfish and my snowflake eel...not a Voiltan. So it is ok if i keep the antenata lionfish instead of the dwarf fuzzy? that will mean that the fish in the tank will be
    1 snowflake eel
    1 antennata lionfish

is that ok?
    yes.. u can.. but pls take note.. IMO, it is more delicate when compared with other species...

Also, how active are they? How big was the lionfish when it swallowed your wrasse? Bet you wasnt so happy about that, was you?!
    of course i'm not happy... but some fishes are snoopy's cousin; stupid!!!!... can't be help.. it swam into the cave.. sigh.. nevertheless, the lionfish was ard 6"
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.