Thread: Protein Skimmer

Feedback Score

Protein Skimmer

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all Marine aquarist,

- Having read throgh the Topics, I noticed alot of people are intersted in the Protein Skimmer. Some are concerned with the Price while to some people, 'SIZE DOES MATTERS'

- Ok, I have seen the Orca brand, and gosh ! It's really a piece of 'Giant' in a 2 Feet Tank !! No doubt the price is very affordable ($20 at PetMart), but the size really does matters to me alot !! So, I enquired with PetMart if they have a smaller Protein Skimmer, and they bought out a PS (Protein Skimmer) from the shelf, and BINGO ! Instantly I bought it because of its size ! Cute and small, and for the Brand concious aquarists, I guess this is a pretty good brand, because it said : MADE IN GERMANY hahaha, I forgot the brand, but it also comes with a Wooden Block (For air Bubble) and the PS itself, and for it's size, it is double the cost of Orca, $38 (After discount).

- So for those with 2 Feet tank and below, and 'SIZE DOES MATTERS BUT NOT $' I would not say I recommend (cos I am still far from qualified!!), but just pop by PetMart and have a look [:0] to see if it fits your tank

Just sharing
    Marlin

Feedback Score
    Oh yah, I forgot to ask something, can anyone Please tell me what is the actual detail functionality of the PS ? Thanks

Feedback Score
    Cute huh, Marlin? U actually bought a PS when u didn't know how it works?!
    Neither do I n I would sure like to know coz I anticipate starting my first reef tank at least by December (sort of buying myself a Christmas present)[]
    I wonder what brands r available in KL or else I will have to make a trip to the lion city.
    i shall be watching this thread to learn more n thanks for sharing the tip.

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Protein skimmer is being used for removing organic and inorganic substances and they can be stuff like proteins copper ions and other compounds that may have arise due to water source
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.