Country
    Singapore

Advice/ Recommendation for powerhead for 4ft tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi All,

JUst connected a chiller to my tank. Flow rate seemed to decrease resulting in poor circulation of water in the tank. Need help which power head to buy to improve water circulation.Please advice.

Information : 4ft(L) x 1.5(W) x 2ft(D) tank, Canister (external) filter of 700 lph

Question : Recommended Flow rate for power head? Brand of powerhead? Is ehiem good?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    What size/type canister filter to do you have? 700lph as you have found out is probably is not enough, thus you might want to consider getting a more powerful one rather than an additional power head for the tank. Then run two canisters at once, but separately.

Hard to go wrong with Eheim equipment.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    My Canister is Atman AT3338 specified as 700L/H.

Yah I am considering a more powerful canister filter too. How much more power? Any recommendation? 1200L/H?

Quote Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
    What size/type canister filter to do you have? 700lph as you have found out is probably is not enough, thus you might want to consider getting a more powerful one rather than an additional power head for the tank. Then run two canisters at once, but separately.

Hard to go wrong with Eheim equipment.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
    Hi All,

JUst connected a chiller to my tank. Flow rate seemed to decrease resulting in poor circulation of water in the tank. Need help which power head to buy to improve water circulation.Please advice.

Information : 4ft(L) x 1.5(W) x 2ft(D) tank, Canister (external) filter of 700 lph

Question : Recommended Flow rate for power head? Brand of powerhead? Is ehiem good?

Thanks
    hi bro...yes Eheim is good n reliable...I am using a extra dolpin powerhead flowrate should be around(1200-1400l/h)connected to my Resun cl650 chiller for my tank...Eheim 2026 by itself...previously connected the chiller to the Eheim 2026...flowrate seems to slow down after sometimes...but i still prefer flowrate of 1800l/h powerhead connected to a chiller for a 4x2x2 tank...u can try Seaview aquarium or C328...they do stock a-lot of powerheads of various brands...all the best to your search