Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Mineral rock that enhance shrimp colour

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, i brought the mineral rock that says to enhance shrimp colour. total 4 pieces.

Is it effective? how much to add for a 2 ft tank ? i am having cherry and CRS
    thanks !

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    If it is white, clay like then it is probably "Montmorillonite". I have some, but didn't notice any difference.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    my is not loose like show in your pic but 4 solid rocks. each about say 5cm big. will disintergrate over time once put in water.shrimps seems more red haha

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Is it to enhance the red or the white?
    God will make a way, where there seems to be no way

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    my cherry seems redder, crs coming in on monday.so will see how. NA booss says mostly crs breeder buy. my guess it give the colour a deeper tone ie red more red, white more white. no sure though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I have two tanks, the biggest differences was one has CO2 and the other no CO2, the one with CO2 was given no special treatment for shrimp, the one without CO2 had everything possible, special food, minerals, $$$$ $$$$ etc etc… the tank that was given nothing has reddest cherries that one can imagine.

I progressively removed the reddest from the non CO2 setup to the breeding tank $$$$ so that only the brightest Cherry Shrimp remained in the non CO2 tank, only to find out that the dumping ground tank still produced deep red!

Naturally CRS have that brilliance that is amazing and would want more but the breeding tank got a condition /disease that wiped them out. Naturally the cherries keep on going, in my other tank my Discus are decimating the cherry population at the moment, but a high % are deep red.

Here is a comparison picture

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    wow..........that is super red. not a speck of white ! highest class of cherry. this type i thought only found in taiwan.
    Last edited by Quixotic; 13th May 2007 at 00:07. Reason: Please use 'Post Reply' instead of 'Quote' to reply a post immediately above yours.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Rupert, so in your opinion the 'Montmorillonite' does not have much effect on shrimps?
    The Happiest of people don't neccessary have the best of everything;
    they just make the most of everything that comes along their way

When will there be 25 letters in the alphabets?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    There are many contributing factors to color, and I did not experience the mineral having noticeable impact. Possibly if the change does occur, it would probably be too slow observe. May be it works on CRS?

My experience is when I tried to make my Cherry Shrimp redder, the ones I did nothing with ended up better than the ones I spend the $$$ on.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    i added my new crs yesterday..low grade one..during transportation they turn pale. after i add them into my tank...they turn red and white...sweet colour within very short amount of time...think is less than 1 hr.
    or maybe is my imagination ? hahaha

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    normally when you catch the CRs out and transport it will lose some color. When you intoduce to tank and they are stable the color will come back

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ** Edit: Removed immediate quote, please use Post Reply instead of Quote when replying to posts immediate above yours.

yes that why i think it could be just my imagination LOL
    Last edited by Quixotic; 18th May 2007 at 16:23.