Country
    Singapore

Teco TR15 and Teco 680

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi,

Anybody has any info on the Teco TR15 and its price at the shops?

Which is better TR15 or Teco 680?

I am thinking of getting a TR15 to replace my Teco 680 (5yrs old), currently runing on a 540 litres tank, running at 25 deg C on a 5 feet tank.

Any help would be appreciated.

PS: thinking of clearing my Teco 680 at $250/- if I am to buy the TR15.
    any takers?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I use the TR10, and own a Articia as well. depending on your needs, the teco takes air from the bottom and expels it from the back, this might not be a big deal, depending on your configuration. For example my article is in a cabinet and the front to back air flow is required,. But I my 2ft tank setup the TR10 air flow from bottom to back allows it to fit inside the 2ft stand.

Teco is a lot cheaper than Artica, but then no one will come around to clean it for you on a six monthly basis either like articia, plus. Articia chillers allow you to set the temp within 0.1 degree fahinhight. Teco is 0.5 which is a big increment

The TR range can have a UV internal light option, but have not tried it. They also come with taps that enable you to adjust the water flow or turn off the water when cleaning pipes.

Since I am not really into critters except cherry shrimp, Teco is probably my next chiller, however if I had a 4ft tank fill of expensive Hino CRS and was going on holiday for 2 months would get an Artica so I could sleep at night,

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Teco TR15 and Teco 680

arctica or teco better?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I have both. Both are doing their job well. Arctica is more quieter, I would recommend Arctica if you are putting it in the living room and you want quiet environment,
    JS

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Arctica and teco made in? Efficiency and reliability wise, which is better? I intend to place it in bedroom

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

If I remember correctly Teco is a Italy brand and JBJ Arctica is a US brand. Both serve me very well. If you want to place in your bedroom then I would recommend Arctica - quieter but more expensive.
    JS

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Tr series is made in china while arctica is made in us?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

both of my sets are made from US. Don't know are they manufacturing it in China now. You might want to call and confirm.
    JS

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Arctica from US? I thought from Korea?
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    17 (90%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Jbj / Artica chillers are so called American brand. Where they are made in I'm not sure. BFG was partially correct. The chillers main concept are bought over by jbj company from a Korean brand. I forgot the name of it thou. If you are interested, you can go bioplast to take a look. They still sells the Korean brand if I'm not wrong. I do not know the price thou.

On the other hand, teco was actually made in Italy at first till recently it start to be made in china. This I can confirm. It's a Italy brand made in china. Same as ehiem too. Some ehiem nowadays are made in china as well.

Hope this helps
    Zack

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ZackZhou View Post
    Jbj / Artica chillers are so called American brand. Where they are made in I'm not sure. BFG was partially correct. The chillers main concept are bought over by jbj company from a Korean brand. I forgot the name of it thou. If you are interested, you can go bioplast to take a look. They still sells the Korean brand if I'm not wrong. I do not know the price thou.

On the other hand, teco was actually made in Italy at first till recently it start to be made in china. This I can confirm. It's a Italy brand made in china. Same as ehiem too. Some ehiem nowadays are made in china as well.

Hope this helps
    Deliea you mean?

Feedback Score
    17 (90%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
    Deliea you mean?
    Should be? I'm not sure.
    Zack

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Daeil lah.
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.