Images
    Country
    China

When to add Liquid Fertiliser ?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I have started a 2ft planted tank 2 weeks ago and everything goes well and the plants bloomed and soon a jungle will be seen. Thanks to forumers here.

One more question, since my plants are growing well and i am doing weekly water change. When do i need to add liquid fertiliser to the water?

Thanks in advance.
    Just a Newbie ...

You want to add now also can. Everyone got their own methods. From agaration to the precise chemist and their test kits. But no prob starting now. Actually, the newer the tank, all the more they need it.

Hope it helps.
    Visit Spilopterus' Tank
    Fish of Fury

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Plantbie.. try to wait a bit longer for your plants to settle in. Takashi Amano recommend about 2 months later before adding liquid fertilizer which is quite right as the plants don't take in nutrients that efficiently during the initial stages. (Don't forget you still have substrate fertilizer in there! unless all your plants are like riccia only..) Only add liquid fertilizer after you notice your plants have stop growing or show signs of nutrient deficiency or else you might well be combating algae instead. [] ..Add 1/2 of the recommended dose for a start and build up slowly []

You can also read up on the following website for more tips and info. http://www.vectrapoint.com/main/manual/bms13.html
    Plant Physiology by Taiz and Zeiger

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Personally, I added it straight after the setup. Many different view about this.

BC

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    imo, 2mths is rather long, unless u have emersed plant... 2wks on shld be jus rite.. i dunno abt the rest, but I usually start fertilization after the cycling period...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    China
    Thanks for the replies.

Any particular brand to recommend? and a rought price?

btw, is there anyway to prevent co2 poisioning?

i just kill some tetras but save most by changing water and adding a air-stone?

I am using a CO2 tanks with manual regulator...in a 2ft planted tank
    Just a Newbie ...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    You bubbles per second should be at 2-3 not 10-15 which will be very at a dangerous level.

Brands it's up to u,

TMG , dennerle, JBL , Sera, plenty around just pick what u want.

For price wise, dennerle,ADA will be on the more expensive side you may wanna consider the cheaper but still good Fert are JBL , Sera, TMG tons more for you to choose on.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Seachem Flourish, JBL FerroPol, Tropica MasterGrow are some frequently mentioned brands. There are cheaper less well-known Taiwanese brands. Dennerle is suppose to be good by really expensive.

It's personal preferences. I personally prefer to use fert that list their contents, cos I like to know whats going into my tank. Some find that cheap brands work well for their tank.

Get a trace mix first. Then consider supplementing your K and Fe.

For your CO2, cut down your bubble rate. Or get a air pump and put it on a timer to aerate your tank after the lights go off.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.