Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Tentacle mites

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    138
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore

    Tentacle mites

    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

    Advertise here

    Advertise here
    I found tiny transparent threadlike creatures that resemble tentacles that grow on my aquarium walls recently. They also grow off leaved plants like a fungus. Anyone has any idea what they are?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,219
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    107
    Country
    Singapore
    sounds like Hydra.

    ck

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Jurong
    Posts
    4,020
    Feedback Score
    0
    Images
    552
    Country
    Singapore
    Hydra, tiny fresh water anemones... Nice to see once in a while but if you have fries in your tank, they will zap and eat them when the fries wander too near...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

    I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

    Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    138
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore
    Wonder how i can remove them in a shrimp tank...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    176
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore
    Fish. The best solution.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    138
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore
    I still see them in another tank that has rasboras in it. I dont think all fish eat them. Would otos eat them?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    138
    Feedback Score
    0
    Country
    Singapore
    I read that some bro said that they will die off after some time. Is it true? What do these hydras eat apart from fries? I'm all for getting a biological solution to it rather than using medication to get rid of them.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •