Thread: Forum newbie

Feedback Score

Forum newbie

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi ppl,

Greetings to all of you from across the causeway in Kuala Lumpur. Where's everyone here mostly from?

Rgds,

Roger

Feedback Score

Forum newbie

Hi ppl,

Greetings to all of you from across the causeway in Kuala Lumpur. Where's everyone here mostly from?

Rgds,

Roger

Feedback Score

Forum newbie

Hi ppl,

Rgds,

Roger

Feedback Score

Forum newbie

Hi ppl,

Rgds,

Roger

Hi Roger,

Welcome! I think most of us are from Singapore, Mez is from the UK. Kelvin should know better, he's one of the moderators.

How is the reefing scene over there? I go to Kukup, Pontian quite often to visit my relatives, but that place like don't have any reef shops.

Regards,
    Hong Yee

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    welcome narkosis, to Aquaticquotient.com... and especially to the dark side..

so far, from the little knowledge that i have.. the bulk of the ppl in the "dark side" resides in Singapore with the exception of Mez; aka James, who lives in UK.. on yes.. Oleta from Canada.. and that's abt it..

feel free to share with us your experiences and knowledge and pics of your tank if possible..[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Hi Roger or are you deep_end ?...........Anyway....Welcome

Feedback Score
    Hi people,

Thanks for the welcome. Yup wang, 'tis me, deep_end from arofan. Narkosis is my original handle, deep_end is my other one. Just trying to get into more regional forums since it's more relevent, rather than stick to the US- and British- ones.

The scene in Malaysia? Pretty dismal. Most LFSs over the past 20 years or so have spoilt the market to a large extent. They sell all sorts of garbage or equipment to newbies who don't know any better, just to get rid of their stocks fast. The general impression in the market is that marine aquaria are very expensive and super-difficult to maintain.

I'm just trying to re-educate the people that I meet, and to show them how easy it is to maintain marine aquaria - much more so than FW planted tanks, for instance.

Rog

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    narkosis,

The general impression in the market is that marine aquaria are very expensive and super-difficult to maintain.
    this is the general consensus that i get from ppl too when i tell them that me is into marine... when marine aquarium keeping started in the late 70s to early 80s, yes.. it is very ex.. and nowadays, with modern technology, it is possible.. take a look at some of our guys' tanks.. it is impressive...

I'm just trying to re-educate the people that I meet, and to show them how easy it is to maintain marine aquaria - much more so than FW planted tanks, for instance.
    [b]to a certain extend.. it is expensive only during the initial setup.. but once u get it up and going.. it is minimal work.. i know.. coz me have both marine and planted tanks in my house... me is doing my part to educate ppl on marine keeping as well as the need to protect the ecology and reef... i hate it when ppl just jump into the hobby when they do not know much abt the hobby and then complain that it is very difficult.. not to mention that they kill off the delicate animals in the process... and then give negative comments on reef or marine keeping....
    so, let us work towards this goal of educating ppl on both side of the causeway....[] salute!!!
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    bravo!! clap! clap! clap! Well said Kel![]
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Kudos Kel!! Keep it up, man!

Actually it's very much an uphill task for us, but every convert we get helps in the long run. Unfortunately, there're some FW LFSs that think that since others can do marine too, so can they, with the same kind of FW setup - overhead filters, corner filters, UGFs, etc. This doesn't help much especially when their prices are so much lower than the corresponding Berlin and DSB/skimmer systems we prefer.

Rog